Shoes that make you walk 250% Faster

8QmIp.gif

I like them, to me mainly for commuting or those times when you just want some freedom. Certainly not for the person that wants to burn 200 calories and walk 45 minutes.

Did the people who design and build these things ever walk around their city/town? Most places have terrible walking architecture. Hell, most of the US has garbage for bicycle infrastructure and they can't seem to fix something as simple as bike lanes.

The problem I see is if your knees or hips don't like the faster improved speed you might hurt yourself I think Rollerblades or a Skateboard would be better.

It's interesting in a segway kind of way. I used to be an instructor at a science camp way back in the day and kids had these shoes that had wheels in the back heel and so they could walk normally or glide around depending on how they applied their weight. We banned them because kids kept flying into stuff/each other and getting hurt. I am not sure if these things would be all that different from those shoes. It does look like they might have a bit more control when it comes to stopping (5 ft stopping distance) but people still need to be paying attention and maintaining a good reaction time which are variables that can't be easily controlled.

I could see a Mailman using these to get their route done in time.
I think that this is potentially a good application for these. I delivered papers for a long time when I was growing up. Roller blades were always around but they were never great for delivering because you had to deal with front door steps, stepping-stone style walkways, gravel walkways etc. My question would be how seemlessly you can turn these things on/off. If you have to tap your heals at every home to get the wheels to behave like regular shoes I would probably just stick with runners. Also, there is the question of longevity. Regular shoes only last me about 1-1.5 years. Given that this thing has a computer running an AI algorithm, motor, driveshaft, etc I am just not sure how many rainy days/snowy days, these things will last through before something goes wrong.

Did the people who design and build these things ever walk around their city/town? Most places have terrible walking architecture. Hell, most of the US has garbage for bicycle infrastructure and they can't seem to fix something as simple as bike lanes.
Watch the video. Guy uses them intentionally on messed up asphalt to test uneven surfaces. 7:45 for the lazy.

First thing I thought of, more or less: "where in my town will I be able to use this?"

Watch the video. Guy uses them intentionally on messed up asphalt to test uneven surfaces. 7:45 for the lazy.
I live in a town that's got really high sidewalks--you walk through downtown and you might have to go up or down 2 steps when you cross the street. Shifting on and off might get tiresome, but maybe not.

I didn't watch the whole thing but I'd imagine gritty streets could be a problem, too.

I thought they were dumb from the start, only less than a handful of kids my age had them at the time just starting high school, or sophomore year, everyone mostly would rather just stick to boards/blades

He literally didn’t go on anything uneven. He went around the few cracks there were.

There’s no “magic” the wheel diameters are small. You hit a small hole, or a decent crack between concrete slabs, and you better be really springy.

Might be ok in the south that doesn’t have winters and chewed up sidewalks/roads.

I can walk fast enough if $1400 is the entry price to wear goofy shoes but e-skate along the road.

He literally didn’t go on anything uneven. He went around the few cracks there were.

There’s no “magic” the wheel diameters are small. You hit a small hole, or a decent crack between concrete slabs, and you better be really springy.

Might be ok in the south that doesn’t have winters and chewed up sidewalks/roads.
The surface shown there would qualify as "good" if not "excellent" in my city... I stand by my skepticism.
Whatevs my dudes. I have zero dogs in this fight. If asphalt in Philadelphia isn't enough for you with 1"+ potholes, and their demonstration of sliding up uneven levels, then whatever.

At $1400, it's highly unlikely anyone on this forum, or anyone we know period will buy them. They're more niche than a one wheel or hover-board. Sorry I brought up any information to the contrary. Continue shitting on this guys work.

Last edited:
Those are just roller skate sandals for your shoes. How is that worth $1400? Also, an additional 4 pounds of weight to carry on each of your feet is not insignificant.

Those are just roller skate sandals for your shoes. How is that worth $1400? Also, an additional 4 pounds of weight to carry on each of your feet is not insignificant.
I imagine this is some joke ? They are motorized (300 watt in each foot), you do not climb hill with roller skate sandals like that and they do not go into brake mode in stairs.

I imagine this is some joke ? They are motorized (300 watt in each foot), you do not climb hill with roller skate sandals like that and they do not go into brake mode in stairs.
Motorized roller skates.

Interesting but probably not going to sell. At best these will achieve segway status.
These shift kids should have put tank treads on them... and gotten unlimited funding for 20 years.

It is the first generation, that 1400 will come down if there are sales. I think they are far more impressive than those motorized wheels because of the stability. It seems to me skill barrier to entry is lower than any "powered board." That fact alone should open eyes to potential. I can see these being a very trendy exercise device with long stride, low impact techniques that achieve pretty high speeds. Like slow motion jogging except at a fun rate of speed.

...but people still need to be paying attention and maintaining a good reaction time which are variables that can't be easily controlled.
You hit the head on the nail... which is what dumb dumb people will run into if they wear these things.

I am seriously shocked that someone can speed walk a 6min mile.

I could see a Mailman using these to get their route done in time.

Perhaps in some areas postal carriers still hoof it, but where I live in TX we get a 350lb dude in a sputtering jeep wagon thing. And that dude doesn't get out of the van. Car parked in front of mailbox? No mail for you. Package delivery? Goes to a different unit. It's crazy. Maybe it's just bc I live in suburbia, I assume people servicing multi-unit / apartment types would have to get out of the van at some point.

Back