Shipping info from Micro Center...

Kashath

n00b
Has anyone who ordered from Micro Center received any confirmation that their 6600 shipped?

just a quick question relating to micro center. are they a reliable website to order from, like do they ship on time,etc.. because i want an e6600 and it seems like they are the only site around with them in stock and ready for shipping.
thanks

They said mine wouldn't ship until tomorrow, so I am not holding my breath on shipping today.

I got a call 20 minutes ago from Microcenter to confirm my order (E6600) for security purposes (credit card verification or something, not sure).

Anyhow, the guy sheepishly informed me that "there is a good possibility your order will be backordered".

:rolleyes:

So I asked whether or not they have the chip in stock and he said no, but they expected it any day now. I'd also like to point out that on their website, in huge letters it says "100% available" on their Core 2 Duo web ad.

Total garbage. It was my first order with Microcenter and sure to be my last.

i just called the micro-center store by my house, they have a e6600 in stock for $379.99. im still debating on whether i should go pick it up or not. or just wait for zzf to get it back in stock and do a local pickup.. sigh decisions decisions.

I received an email stating the 6600 is on backorder. I ordered at 7:30 this morning.

I received a shipping confirmation, estimated shipping date is on Wednesday. Woohoo!!! Hope my mobo and hsf arrives on time from newegg as well.

That's not a shipping confirmation. That's an order confirmation and everyone who ordered from there got one of those.

Well at this rate I guess I'm going to just have to get a 6400. I'm not going to wait another 2 weeks after I've had everything for my new build sitting here for a month already...

I never should have trusted Micro Center in the first place.

00ber_m00 said:
That's not a shipping confirmation. That's an order confirmation and everyone who ordered from there got one of those.
It's a shipping confirmation with an actual FedEx tracking number. It's in San Jose right now and I'm a little up there in Sacramento so it'll be here Wednesday. So yes I have an actual tracking number.

rapperwith1p said:
It's a shipping confirmation with an actual FedEx tracking number. It's in San Jose right now and I'm a little up there in Sacramento so it'll be here Wednesday. So yes I have an actual tracking number.

When did you place your order?

I ordered as soon as someone posted the topic that said e6600s available and in stock. I believe it was around 5a.m. pst I had changed my mind a few mins later after placing the order and was waiting until 7 pst 10 eastern to cancel but as soon as I called they said it was routed for shipping and I could no longer cancel it. I called and checked with them 2 hours later and it said the same thing so I just let it go thinking everyone that ordered will get theirs as well. Anyways got order confirmation around 7.am pacific and got shipping email around 2:30 p.m. pacific.

I placed my order at 10am pacific but I didn't call them. I don't have any shipping info from them but I didn't get a phonecall or an e-mailing saying it was backordered so I'm hoping it actually ships. I just checked my account and they already charged me so I guess those are all good signs.

Unless they charged me and it's backordered. That would be about as good as it gets.

Good and bad news:

Bad new - They are backordered for 3-5 days

Good news - They are now listed at $359.99 and I got my $20 back by calling, very nice lady I talked to as well.

They said it would ship today or tomorrow for me - I just got off the phone. I will wait unless somewhere else gets them.

I ordered a e6600 yesterday and recieved a confirmation and nothing else. Just got off the phone with them and they said my order is still in processing. I told the guy I wanted to make sure they are in stock and he said they definitely have them so... you never know with their crap ratings.

I got one from them, I ordered it yesterday.
Fedex overnight.
e6600.jpg

P.S. Never got a backorder notice.

I got the backorder notice this morning too so I called to cancel about 10 minute ago and the guy i spoke to said he was informed just an hour ago that they do have them in stock at the warehouse ready to ship. So I guess I'll give it another day.

And my apologies to the person I said earlier did not have a shipping confirmation.

i called to see when they would have my backordered e6600 in stock, and they said they had them in the main warehouse, and they were shipping them out to the distribution centers, and they should be shipped this week. also he said they have plenty in stock to fill all the backorders, so just wait if you already ordered there

Wow I'm literally shocked to see the resellerratings for Micro Center. I've shopped there locally for more than 10 years and they are always a pleasure to shop with. The customer service is more than excellent and they tend to stock things that most other local stores don't. I don't think I've ever had a bad experience, with the exception of the fact that they don't usually price match prices that they think are too low.

Called in and according to an inter-office memo they are on their way to the distribution center, will be received later today and will ship out by the end of the business day tomorrow.

Good news, me thinks. I'll have my E6400 Friday in case it is delayed further (or they are lying).

Got a backorder notice too from Microcenter a few minutes ago, ordered yesterday around 5pm EST, called Steve again and he didn't give me much detail he just said "We are showing good availibility and the orders are fulfilled in the order which they are received." Blah, i'll give it a couple more days :\

Just spoke to steve and he told me my order would ship tomorrow. I'm really glad they have really cheap overnight shipping. I think it was only 5 or 6 dollars over the normal shipping.

When did you order out of curiousity? Oh, and did you get one of those Backorder notice emails?

I ordered yesterday around 1PM EST (10AM PST) and yes I did get a backorder notice this morning around 12PM EST (9AM PST). I called when I got the backorder notice and they said that they should be able to fulfill the order this week since they were in the warehouse. I called again about an hour ago and they told me that they would be shipping tomorrow.

i just called, and they said my processor was packed and ready to be shipped, and it will be here on friday :)

My chip just came hurray!!! But boo for my motherboard and cooler. I can't take it, I want to install this thing and fire it up.

Haven't gotten anything yet, but then again I can't check my home email from work so I'm pretty excited :)

I say Ha! to the doubters, I wasn't scared at all :cool:

I got a shipping update as well with a tracking number. I ordered overnight so I should be seeing it tomorrow :) I hope my scythe mine gets in at the same time.

Jeff

playrh8r said:
I got a shipping update as well with a tracking number. I ordered overnight so I should be seeing it tomorrow :) I hope my scythe mine gets in at the same time.

Jeff
Me too! Just got home and got confirmation of shipment! Now I won't need the E6400 coming in Friday...anyone want it? :)

I jumped on their x850 xt (AGP) deal awhile back. They massively overbooked and took over a month before they finally got some more in. The price was very cheap, $250 with a 50 dollar rebate so I was very persistent in conatacting them, telling them I did NOT want to cancel the order, etc. I finally got my card, then the rebate hassles started. Of course the rebate company isn't connected to Microcenter, but the whole thing was a bit unpleasant. I made a total of 4 phone calls to microcenter and 6 to the rebate center (they denied my rebate of course even though I had sent all the paper work in) before I finally got my rebate 3 months later. Good thing I had all the paper worked and made copies of everything.

Microcenter has some fantastic deals once in awhile but if your not one of the very first to jump on them, be ready for a long hard road getting the product (and rebate). I would probably do it again with as much as I saved. Everyone else was selling the AGP x850 xt for at least $329, so this worked out to 130 cheaper than nearest price. On the up side, the first batch weren't so good at overclocking, the one I eventually got easily hits 550/590 on stock cooling. I would only use this vendor for really good deals though, not for regular shopping.

Back