Shipping cost in the thread, buyer claims not to know?

{NG}Fidel

Supreme [H]ardness
Kinda unsure what to do here guys. I made a thread to recover my costs post the hurricane and listed things with and without shipping depending on the item.

Buyer sends the money then acts upset when i bring up that I'll be expecting him to cover shipping.

This is after he haggled it down 100$ less and now I'm down 57 dollars because ground to California, all for a product I listed with buyer pays shipping

Yup, he pays shipping or he can gtfo with that shit.

If you listed it as buyer pays, thn buyer pays. If buyer does not want to pay, end the transaction and move on, maybe the next person won’t knock you down 100 and still ask for free shipping.

For a fee of $56.99 I do contract hits.

There seems to be a mixture of weird stuff going on the thread. To make things easier I would just refund the money and move on. It seems a lot of stuff went south in that thread.

Nothing in that thread will cost $57 to ship in the United States. Again a lot of funky stuff going on. I'm not attacking you. But there seems to be a lot of missing information though.

* Refund and try it again.

Huh, did I miss something as I don’t see wtf your are speaking about.

There seems to be a mixture of weird stuff going on the thread. To make things easier I would just refund the money and move on. It seems a lot of stuff went south in that thread.

Nothing in that thread will cost $57 to ship in the United States. Again a lot of funky stuff going on. I'm not attacking you. But there seems to be a lot of missing information though.

The 1080 with shipping and insurance can be around $57.

Can confirm. Shipped a 1080 Ti 2 day express and it was ~$100 with appropriate insurance.

You aren't obligated to sell to anyone {NG}Fidel. That's some great advice I got here when I had an issue with a bad buyer a while back.

Refund the money and find another buyer :)

Fed ex ground was 57 which was painful and i have the receipt.

Fed ex ground was 57 which was painful and i have the receipt.

I shipped the brown SGI box a couple of weeks ago using the buyers FedEx account, not sure if his account lowered the shipping rate but I was surprised it wasn't $100 for shipping and insuring that 69lbs package.
total is $103 since I had FedEx box up the machine.

sgi-shipping.jpg

I shipped the brown SGI box a couple of weeks ago using the buyers FedEx account, not sure if his account lowered the shipping rate but I was surprised it wasn't $100 for shipping and insuring that 69lbs package.
total is $103 since I had FedEx box up the machine.

View attachment 114704
Side bar, really cool SGI box.

you made a mistake saying "cover shipping" - you should have specified "arrange shipping". That is very clear and easy to understand and also standard practice.

This dude kept my money for a week without shipping out the card. He then claims he spent 57$ on a 300$ which is ridiculous. He could have easily asked me if that amount of money was fine or otherwise simply refunded me. It would have been dumb for me to pay him 357$ for a card that I think should not be above 320$.

Both of us had agreed that I will pay 14$ which I will be sending him tomorrow.

His post wasn’t exactly clear whether I would be paying shipping and he accepted my money too.

Why didn’t he simply refund if he thought I was disagreeing?

I have bought many cards at hard forums and this is the first time I have had a hard time with a buyer.

Here’s my evidence that he told me what to pay extra over the 300$. After claiming 20$ shipping he comes back and claims 57$.

Attachments

• A395C406-F99A-4223-8688-CFE0EEF26C84.png
    A395C406-F99A-4223-8688-CFE0EEF26C84.png
    940.6 KB · Views: 0
Shipping wasn't easy during the hurricane and i sent you a receipt. Every buyer I dealt with was aware that shipping was delayed. You think shipping to California after Micheal was cheap? I sent it ground and it was that price. You got your card, you sent an embarrassing 14 for 57 dollar shipping. You made off like a bandit. I'll take the advice of others here and avoid dealing with you in the future.

Here’s my evidence that he told me what to pay extra over the 300$. After claiming 20$ shipping he comes back and claims 57$.
The "extra" comes from the actual thread you had to freaking open to even get the information about the card being sold. Which you claim to be ignorant of.

For the record i never named you. I was looking for opinions on this but I got the answers I need and I know the future course of action to take.

Shipping wasn't easy during the hurricane and i sent you a receipt. Every buyer I dealt with was aware that shipping was delayed. You think shipping to California after Micheal was cheap? I sent it ground and it was that price. You got your card, you sent an embarrassing 14 for 57 dollar shipping. You made off like a bandit. I'll take the advice of others here and avoid dealing with you in the future.
Just check how much you quoted me initially. You mentioned it cost 20$.

Be careful with quotes in the future to avoid confusion. Or just refund your buyers.

The "extra" comes from the actual thread you had to freaking open to even get the information about the card being sold. Which you claim to be ignorant of.
Stop misrepresenting facts

I am never going to buy from you again.

Worst experience ever. I have added enough evidence here for people to read through. Hope you don’t double cross anyone from here on and simply refund.

I'll just say this: buying or selling online without knowing what the final cost for the item will be makes no sense to me, so I think both of you are at fault.

I would not sell to anyone without knowing what I was going to pay to ship, and telling buyer what he needs to pay me total in a ONE TIME payment.
I would also not send anyone cash for an item without knowing what shipping is going to be; Newegg, Amazon, etc.....none of them do that........they all have shipping estimators.

I am not trying to pile on the buyer or seller, just saying that it makes no sense that this happened really, but lets make sure it doesn't happen again by getting some shipping estimates.

FedEx:
https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/current-rates/rate-tools.html

USPS:
https://postcalc.usps.com/

No it doesn't. I just shipped a 20 lb box by ups ground to IL from Texas, and it was $40 bucks with $1000 insurance and signature on it. No way just a video card will cost that much. At the most, $20-25 bucks with insurance. BTW, that box had a 1080ti in it, with EVGA PSU, EVGA cables (set of 2), and memory.

For that matter, I also shipped a 23 lb Acer Predator 27" IPS Monitor, and it was $43 with insurance and signature. I ship all the time by USPS. I just sent out a Kraken X62 Florida, and it was $21.40 with 100 insurance though and signature. And that was Priority mail.

Last edited:
No it doesn't. I just shipped a 20 lb box by ups ground to IL from Texas, and it was $40 bucks with $1000 insurance and signature on it. No way just a video card will cost that much. At the most, $20-25 bucks with insurance. BTW, that box had a 1080ti in it, with EVGA PSU, EVGA cables (set of 2), and memory.
I shipped a 1080ti yesterday, 3 day shipping, $650 insurance, signature required, $22.

Yep, that sounds about right for the weight and all that. That is normal.

Sounds like the OP was trying to make some money back on shipping.

I shipped a 1080ti yesterday, 3 day shipping, $650 insurance, signature required, $22.

Back