Shin Etsu thermal compound = -10C!

iamjero

n00b
after using shin etsu my load temps are 10C lower. I didnt think it would make that much of a difference. I should be able to turn up the Vcore some more. Im at 46cpu and 25case with a Vcore of 1.7v.

I've noticed 5c lower temps than AS3 on my P4. The trick to applying it is to heat it up with a hairdryer before applying.

Only noticed about a 1C drop in temps on mine when i switched to Shin vs ASII.

Originally posted by saturnine2
I've noticed 5c lower temps than AS3 on my P4. The trick to applying it is to heat it up with a hairdryer before applying.

No, the trick is to follow the damn instructions. That is COMPLETELY unnecessary.

No, the trick is to follow the damn instructions. That is COMPLETELY unnecessary.
Have you tried spreading it on a P4? Shin Etsu is thick as hell and very hard to spread thinly and evenly. Heating it up makes it spread easier. It is not completely unnecessary.

if u put it on right, you will get HUGE drops, if u do it wrong, nothing specail...tape off the area of the heatsink, put a blob inside the "area" and use a credit card to spread it...doign from my normal methor( just putting it on the core, unevenly) brought it down 2C

Originally posted by saturnine2
Have you tried spreading it on a P4? Shin Etsu is thick as hell and very hard to spread thinly and evenly. Heating it up makes it spread easier. It is not completely unnecessary.

???

Your post said AS3. Not Shin Etsu.

99.99% sure he meant when he went from shin to as3 it dropped 5C
When I went from AS3 to Shin Etsu it dropped 5c. Sorry I wasen't very clear on this. I've been kinda drunk all day :D I tried AS5 and my temps were exactly the same as Shin.

Back