SHIELD Drawing Tools Give Artists Full Command of Their Craft

HardOCP News

[H] News
HB1 pencils and camel-hair brushes haven’t yet gone the way of the hammer and chisel. But some artists have left them far behind, choosing instead our SHIELD tablet’s DirectStylus 2 technology to create amazing works. Powered by our 192-core Tegra K1 processor, DirectStylus 2 with GPU-accelerated painting effects lets you draw lines as thin as a hair or as thick as a brush, simply by changing the pressure applied on the screen. It makes writing, drawing and tracing as easy as using a pencil on paper or brush on canvas—with the digital advantage of endless re-dos.

I feel like I would still just get a Cintiq Companion Hybrid for art on the go. It's hard to out-Wacom Wacom.

Alternative to Surface Pro? I really want a Surface Pro and plan to pick one up after the holidays. Any artist reviews?

This or a Intuos Pro Medium?

Been really eyeing artist tablets for this holiday season and would like to pick up my first.

This or a Intuos Pro Medium?

Been really eyeing artist tablets for this holiday season and would like to pick up my first.

Really depends on your drawing style. The Intuoses require that you draw on and look at different places (your screen and the tablet). If you think that's a problem, get the Shield. I personally don't have a problem looking away from my hand as I draw, but I know some people who do.

Also with the Shield you get portability, but with the Intuos you get compatibility with any desktop applications you may be used to. Shield runs Android, right? So you won't be using it in Painter/Photoshop/Zbrush/Whatever.

Of course if you try it and it doesn't work out for you, you can usually flip a nearly-brand-new Intuos on eBay without losing too much money.

Or you can get a real Wacom-enabled PC like an Asus Vivotab Note 8 and a copy of Clip Studio Pro for less than a Shield tablet and Pen.

I think I just found the first tablet I want to buy.

I bought the Shield Tablet during the promo and got the free controller and 3 free games. For $399 I can't really complain, the game-streaming feature is not a gimmick and works as intended for me....there are some issues on the official Shield forums that you might want to look into before diving in, although I haven't experienced any of them.

Back