Shenmue III Free at Epic. Hurry, one day only.

thanks!
looks like it might be getting hammered though, just keep getting errors.

Yes, I had to wait a while even though the game was in the shopping cart. Just completed the purchase a moment ago. Anyway, I think Epic is switching games everyday. So folks may want to keep an eye out since free games appear to be expiring at the end of each day.

worked for me now and heres a direct link...
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

Yes, I had to wait a while even though the game was in the shopping cart. Just completed the purchase a moment ago. Anyway, I think Epic is switching games everyday. So folks may want to keep an eye out since free games appear to be expiring at the end of each day.
yes, that how these xmas giveaways work, normally its a week.

Yea, it's the 1-2 week long daily freebie flash grab.

Meh in for one even though I have the PS4 version. I don't why my expectations for this were so high. It was a huge let down. I got a $10 off coupon too lol. I have never brought a game from Epic store. It is entirely made of free games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xrave
like this
Looks moderately interesting but first free Epic game I can't claim. Must be a lot more popular than I thought?

Looks moderately interesting but first free Epic game I can't claim. Must be a lot more popular than I thought?

This occurred with GTA:V as well the entire EGS went down today as well so either it's a combined load or there's some other stuff putting load on their system.

Either way try again later and it should work, I had to wait like 5-6 hours with GTA:V before it went through

If you're using a VPN (especially company VPN) disconnect first or cycle connection to a new group. In past very popular giveaways they sometimes stop distributing to IP groups if there are too many claims.

Was able to add it on the first try. Maybe just lucky or in a diff geographic zone?

If I haven't played Shenmue 1 or 2, will 3 make sense? I'm assuming it's more of a reboot since it was released almost 20 years after the others but I'm wondering if I should read up on Shenmue lore before diving in.

Was able to add it on the first try. Maybe just lucky or in a diff geographic zone?

If I haven't played Shenmue 1 or 2, will 3 make sense? I'm assuming it's more of a reboot since it was released almost 20 years after the others but I'm wondering if I should read up on Shenmue lore before diving in.
I heard the game has a recap video that will get players up to date with the story, so no need to research 1 and 2 elsewhere.

^^that, it is the continuation of the first 2, no reboot.

Works now for me. Now thought when I load my library, most games are "unavailable" to install. I'm assuming a bug. Epic must be getting a lot of traffic.

Works now for me. Now thought when I load my library, most games are "unavailable" to install. I'm assuming a bug. Epic must be getting a lot of traffic.
think so. i tried browsing games about 15min ago and all i got was grey squares.

Cut Paste

How would you guys feel if the list were leaked again like last year before all the games were revealed?

I still remember the fake leaks saying we will get RE7 and Borderlands 3. Lmfao.

That was so stupid and ridiculous. The fact people kept posting acting like that was really going to happen was annoying AF

I'm sure there might be a few semi high profile games but in general it will be middle of the road stuff or things you'd expect to be free.

Back