Shenmue freaking 3 kickstarter! It's happening!

There's a thread in the console section... but yeah... this is incredible. Especially coming to PC!

Just under $80k raised already... in just a few minutes... on a page that will barely load. This KS is going to drown in money.

Yes. I will post in every thread about Shenmue 3
WHY!!!?!? Wont the page load!?!?! I want to give all my monay!

I can't believe Sony allowed them to pander for money during a press conference /facepalm

I can't believe Sony allowed them to pander for money during a press conference /facepalm

I don't think it's really like that. They only mention PS4 and PC on KS. Being that PC doesn't register in the world of console exclusives, this will be considered a PS4 exclusive. And it will sell consoles. This is huge for them.

doh, didn't see the thread in the console section (usually just check here and the pc sub-section), my bad.

Dude, it's Shenmue, with its rabid fanbase it will easily hit the goal and then we can all enjoy the game.

Not to mention there's a reason why it's taken this long to get made, Sony didn't want to fully fund it, and Sega has just been sitting on the IP all this time.

The fans and Yu Suzuki wanted it for a long time but no publisher was willing to fund it. This is a way to help that and it's one of the main points of kickstarter.

doh, didn't see the thread in the console section (usually just check here and the pc sub-section), my bad.

Well it is also a PC game, so I think this would be the more correct section considering.... just sayin... but who cares, ITS SHENMUE 3! Every thread should be SHENMUE 3

$30 for a full digital copy of the game!? Fuck yeah I am in.

So, is kickstarter messing up for anyone else?

I can get the page to load now, but after a couple of seconds it automatically redirects me to the front page of kickstarter instead.

Must've been ublock (or kickstarter being fubared by the traffic).. Changed back to Adblock Plus and indeed.. Over 350k now

$455k here. 25% funded in a few minutes. Nuts. Someone remind me why no publisher wanted to fund this...

Must've been ublock (or kickstarter being fubared by the traffic).. Changed back to Adblock Plus and indeed.. Over 350k now

I think their page is F'ed, if I hit refresh it goes back to $15k before switching to $355k again.

I feel like Shenmue is more like some mythical creature at this point that the gaming forums were chasing, rather than a real game anyone really wants to play again. I'm probably wrong, but the kickstarter will be a good gauge.

Cracking 600k now.. It's amazing the love this game has sustained.. I mean. An entire generation of gamers weren't even alive when the first 2 were released.. And in 2015 it's close to raising 1m in an hour.. Just fucking wow..

In other news, they still haven't released the soundtrack for Shenmue II.

Cracking 600k now.. It's amazing the love this game has sustained.. I mean. An entire generation of gamers weren't even alive when the first 2 were released.. And in 2015 it's close to raising 1m in an hour.. Just fucking wow..

~$850k. Yu Suzuki has to be on a cloud right now!

I can't stay up and watch it any longer, but I'm looking forward to waking up in the morning to a nearly (or fully) funded game.

Holy shit, going to break a million soon it seems, already over $900,000.

~$850k. Yu Suzuki has to be on a cloud right now!

I can't stay up and watch it any longer, but I'm looking forward to waking up in the morning to a nearly (or fully) funded game.

Seriously.. 1.2m in just over 3hrs.. Yu Suzuki has to be pissing himself.. And the fact it's not on Xbox makes me believe he as an agreement with Sony that they will write him a nice development check to keep it off Xbox if the funding is reached..

Shenmue 3 is a lock at this point.. It's seriously amazing the following this game has 15 years later.. It's like the Japanese version of Half Life 3..

Except it's going to actually happen

Its a horrible precedent, Sony should fund the damn game themselves. And peddling it at E3 is just all kinds of sleazy. Imagine if MS had done this, you wouldn't hear the end of it and they'd be crucified all over the web.

So Sony spent all their money on timed exclusives and had nothing left over for actual games?

Doesnt matter to me if Sony funded the game or kickstarter. I think I can speak of the true fan base of this game that they want to know the conclusion of the story and avenge Ryo's father..... and drive forklift again lol

Its a horrible precedent, Sony should fund the damn game themselves. And peddling it at E3 is just all kinds of sleazy. Imagine if MS had done this, you wouldn't hear the end of it and they'd be crucified all over the web.

So Sony spent all their money on timed exclusives and had nothing left over for actual games?

Sony is more than likely the hidden source of funding that will "trigger", once they hit the Kickstarter goal.
Shenmue 2 was 30+ million. They most definitely have other investors, just waiting to see the market reaction.

psknzlE.png

All I have to say is... "about damn time!" Double cheers for it being on PC as well.

How exactly is it sleazy? A respected japanese developer wants to make his game on their console why not give the guy a boost?

This kickstarter basically is the only way it would ever get made, shenmue has been proven to not be profitable at all. I don't think sony will be involved at all financially.

Sony strategy has been obviously to push big name games (while attaching the ps4 brand) during their conference even if they aren't exclusives, it's not like they were lacking exclusives i mean they even left out R&C and a few others entirely.

holy cow

1.32 mil at this timestamp

one for the record books

Imagine if MS had done this, you wouldn't hear the end of it and they'd be crucified all over the web.

Uhhh. The original Xbox. Which hosted Shenmue 2 alongside Dreamcast was the spiritual successor to Dreamcast in a lot of ways. Just look at your 360/One controller for instance.. It was also actually very close to being backwards compatible with Dreamcast games if network issues didn't get in the way..

If MS did this.. It would actually make sense.. Hence the reason it's hilarious Shenmue 3 won't be on Xbox.

Game is funded! Less than 12 hours... Unreal. Let's hope the momentum continues so that they can make this the best game it can possibly be.

Sony has plenty of money to fund this. I can't believe so many people get sucked into this stuff.

Sony has plenty of money to fund this. I can't believe so many people get sucked into this stuff.

Kickstarter is a great way for a publisher to see if a developer's ideas are worth funding. Sony just wants to know if there is a market for the game / genre 14 years after the last release. The most hopeful thing is that Yu Suzuki can raise enough to warrant a publisher to be willing to remake parts 1 and 2.

Back