Shenmue 3 Trailer Announces August 2019 Release Date

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Ryo Hazuki continues on the trail of his father's killer in the third installment of the legendary series. Shenmue 3 - The Prophecy has a release date of August 2019. If you are new to the series, SEGA has released Shenmue I & II onto the Steam platform today. So many fond memories of playing the original on my SEGA Dreamcast after watching the trailer for the first two titles in the series!

Only a few games become legendary. Shenmue III sees the continuation of the epic story-driven saga. The player controls teenage martial artist Ryo Hazuki as he investigates his father's murder.

Oh man, I can't wait. I too have fond memories playing the first two on my Dreamcast. I got lucky enough to have a cousin that imported part 2 for the console and got to play through it.

There really was no other game like it. Playing Arcade games within the game, collecting those coin machine things, walking around the environments. It was awesome! I don't care if people say they didn't age well.

I am extremely excited for this... lets hope they can hit the date this time.

I'm hoping the game ends with Ryu entering the elevator to fight Lan Di, then "to be continued" pops up.

Definitely can't wait for this. After all this time.

I just got my copy of Shenmue 1 and 2 for the PS4. I'm busy studying for a test this upcoming Saturday, but once I get past that I'm going to devote some time to getting back into the world of Shenmue.

I think I'll try the first two on DC emulator with some effects.

Amazing DC game!

What would be even better if they released a Dreamcast version! I would pay thousands for that!

Back