Shenmue 1 and 2 remastered PC, PS4, XB1 2018

I hate when studios use the word "remastered" when what they mean is "recompiled the code and made it run at a modern resolution"

The recent Shadow of the Colossus is an ACTAUL remaster.

Running the exact same art assets at FHD can be done on an emulator.

I hate when studios use the word "remastered" when what they mean is "recompiled the code and made it run at a modern resolution"

The recent Shadow of the Colossus is an ACTAUL remaster.

Running the exact same art assets at FHD can be done on an emulator.
Recent shadow colossus we a remake almost nothing was retained from the original and everything was remade other then music. Similar to how they don't remake scenes in a movie from scratch when they remaster it.

I actually prefer we get a proper remaster before a remake anyways in so i can still play the games like they were originally made except sharper visuals, dreamcast emulation for the most part still sucks and has all sorts of glitches and save bugs also widescreen doesn't work properly.

I'm pretty excited for this, as I played Shenmue on my DC back when it launched and loved it. I was pretty upset when the DC died prematurely, esp. when I was really excited to play the Shenmue trilogy on it, as well as Half Life (which I think even went Gold, but they didn't ship it still, which baffled me). I never owned the original Xbox, so I missed Shenmue 2 on it and don't think it was on the Xbone's BC list last I checked.

Since it's not a remaster or anything, I would hope the collection would be $30 or less though at launch. Also, I hope they really improve the load times at least moving between areas; I remember them being somewhat lengthy. But I'm sure just moving it to a HDD alone will speed that up significantly. The DC's old GD-ROM wasn't very fast by any means.

I'm pretty excited for this, as I played Shenmue on my DC back when it launched and loved it. I was pretty upset when the DC died prematurely, esp. when I was really excited to play the Shenmue trilogy on it, as well as Half Life (which I think even went Gold, but they didn't ship it still, which baffled me). I never owned the original Xbox, so I missed Shenmue 2 on it and don't think it was on the Xbone's BC list last I checked.

Since it's not a remaster or anything, I would hope the collection would be $30 or less though at launch. Also, I hope they really improve the load times at least moving between areas; I remember them being somewhat lengthy. But I'm sure just moving it to a HDD alone will speed that up significantly. The DC's old GD-ROM wasn't very fast by any means.

I've run it with a DC emulator and the load times are basically non-existent.

There are half-life Dreamcast roms on the internet. It actually plays great and supports keyboard and mouse. Sony paid a ton of money to cancel the release. They were even sending warning letters to the ISPs of people torrenting it.

Back