Shattered Horizon is free to play, 50% off this weekend

I saw this last steam sale.. but was skeptical.. now i'll be able to give 'er a whirl.

:D

the game have a pretty good idea, but not quite sure why, it just doesn't have much players..

it does not have much players because there was no demo to try it.

I still have a copy of this leftover from a 4-pack... the game is interesting, I think.

I wanted to like this game, but i don't. there is just not much there.
I want my refund :/

Eternal Silence on steam is free. not exactly the same thing, but a better game. Space fps combat.

I wanted to like this game, but i don't. there is just not much there.
I want my refund :/

Eternal Silence on steam is free. not exactly the same thing, but a better game. Space fps combat.

lol Eternal Silence. It's like they purposely try to program the lag in.

i bought this game on steam boxing day sale.
I installed it and tried to play but there was no playable games online. :(

Another problem was that this is strictly a online multiplayer game, and even if you host your own game, it will not start the game until someone joins.
So i have been unable to even try the game out.

In my opinion this was a waste of money.

However I might try it again, maybe now there might be some other people online given the new sale.

I played Eternal Silence, fun game, but there is only one server to play on and only 6 people playing. So I most definitely will be playing Shattered Horizon this weekend.

I picked this up on the Steam Holiday Sale and I must say that I really enjoyed it. The learning curve can be a bit difficult for some at first but once you get the hang of it, it's a blast.

I got this during the holiday sale, it's pretty cool, it plays decently and it looks really good but last time i hopped on there were online 1 or 2 populated servers.

This is a great game, it has really fun gameplay. It could use a few more maps, but they say they're in the works. The learning curve is pretty steep, but once you get the hang of it, the game is very rewarding.

Are any of the mentioned games similar to that of Compuserve megawars circa late 80s, early 90s?
I remember my dad not being happy about my racking up $300+ in a month of online charges.

From the talk, it seems like it should be called Shattered Expectations.:D

I'd like to try it but it's a shame there aren't more people playing. They need to hype/advertise the game more or bundle it with some video cards or something. I bet many people haven't even heard of it.

Can some1 discuss the extra level pack?

So this is multiplayer only, there are barely any players, and they charge 3x as much for getting the extra levels which you wouldn't be able to play anyways since no1 would play them?

Am I confused about something?

I was intending to buy this for $10, despite the small player base, but wtf is this level pack?

Okay, I just downloaded the trial and there seems to be a ton of players at the moment. Initially I couldn't find any servers, turned out it was a bug with Steam, the fix is here...

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php+++++++1452-HCVB-6984

Anyway I was pleasantly surprised with this game, even more surprising is that it actually taxes my brand spanking new 5850 quite a bit at 1920x1200 =( Overall though, I'd have to say the game play is unique and inspired, it seems like the novelty would wear off though after a while. Maybe if they had organized clan matches or something it'd have more staying power, but overall definitely one of the better games I've played. It looks good, plays well, and is a fresh breath of air from typical shooters.

game is great... but wonder if there will be people to play if i buy it

i'm all about innovative shooters and this is definitely that. definitely $10 worth of entertainment there. give it a try since they're on a free weekend.

silent running mode = so awesome.

i average around 45-50 fps @ 1920x1200 on my rig with everything maxed out and AA set at 2x.

(phenom ii 955 @ 3.8ghz, 8gb ram, 4870x2, w7)

Can some1 discuss the extra level pack?

So this is multiplayer only, there are barely any players, and they charge 3x as much for getting the extra levels which you wouldn't be able to play anyways since no1 would play them?

Am I confused about something?

I was intending to buy this for $10, despite the small player base, but wtf is this level pack?

that confused me too-- that's the clan pack @ $30, i.e. multiple licenses. the map pack comes with the single license of the game @ $10 also.

I'm glad there is at least one game on Steam that uses dx10. AvP gives you a choice to use dx9 or dx11. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

This is kind of a cool game, I'm probably going to buy it as long as I stay interested in it. One thing though, it looks great but it seems like the graphics are jittery or something, I'll have to mess with the settings later. I'm running a q6600 @ 3.5ghz, 4gb ram, 4890 @ 1030/1150.

Everyone I know who tried it likes it, but it never has many players... maybe 200 at most world wide.. Very cool concept, and done well.

I downloaded it and it never would run. It always said the game was unavailable.

Alright, forgive my ignorance on this one, but how in the heck do I try this for free this weekend? When I go to the Steam page for it all I see is an option to buy it @ 50% off. :confused:

Alright, forgive my ignorance on this one, but how in the heck do I try this for free this weekend? When I go to the Steam page for it all I see is an option to buy it @ 50% off. :confused:

Same problem here.

Strange....

Its already in your game list.

Scroll down to the uninstalled games
Select it & hit install.

how many licenses is the clan pack???

edit nvm four

It works like the bioshock2 and l4d2 packs rights?

Back