Shattered Horizon..a diamond in the rough

Savoy

2[H]4U
So on a whim i was miffed about not getting mw2 tuesday so i was looking around the steam store and I came across this game that I hadn't payed any mind too. Well i started reading the steam forums and the Fm forums and I got a good feeling about it. watched some in game footage on youtube and wow i was impressed.

All I can say is if they support the game as they say they will and add content as they say they have in development, including free maps and dlc then Ya it's worth every penny of the 20 bucks.As it stands the game is fun as shit and looks amazing maxed out imo. You guys should check it out.

It's a fun little game, turning off your suit and just floating through space sniping people is fun. :D

Wow , yeah I just watched some of the video's on this game at gametrailers.com. I'll have to check this game out, it looks very cool.

Wow , yeah I just watched some of the video's on this game at gametrailers.com. I'll have to check this game out, it looks very cool.

You won't be disappointed. Its nice to have a made for pc game, I'd almost forgot what that was like. The devs are very involved in the steam forums and the futuremark forums and seem very committed to the success of the game.
Guys give this hame a chamce, we have to support devs that make pc games, ONLY.

me.
Guys give this game a chance, we have to support devs that make pc games, ONLY.

I might have to check it out.
After reading about it I was reminded of Enders Game, which definitly is right up my alley.

Post some pics in the super-high rez thread :D

based on your recommendation, my friend's bday is today but I don't get paid till tommorrow

I'm gonna steam gift him this game

thanks OP

based on your recommendation, my friend's bday is today but I don't get paid till tommorrow

I'm gonna steam gift him this game

thanks OP

Your welcome, let me know how you guys like it. ;)

I'll post some ss's in the high res ss thread later on tonight.

you guys think it would run ok on a Core2duo OC to 3.2ghz with a 4870 512?

Well I would post some screenies but I can't seem to figure out how. Print screen nor f12 works and according to the FM devs they haven't implemented a screen capture built in yet and I don't have fraps installed atm. So sorry about that. :(

I watched the videos and it also reminded me of Ender's Game. I think that game is still in the works, too. And I would have been interested in Shattered Horizons but I'm still on XP, so no DX10. I think they kind of messed up by only releasing it for DX10 capable systems...they're missing out on like 75% of possible customers.

I watched the videos and it also reminded me of Ender's Game. I think that game is still in the works, too. And I would have been interested in Shattered Horizons but I'm still on XP, so no DX10. I think they kind of messed up by only releasing it for DX10 capable systems...they're missing out on like 75% of possible customers.

Ya but you guys still on XP need to move on to Vista or win 7,pick one. You're holding us back. :)

Seriously though 10 years + is enough for 1 OS isn't it? Seriously.

I read some of the other threads on this game (some that occurred slightly before release) and people seemed less than impressed.

It looks fun to me....

I wish there was a demo.

I need to know if there are servers with 30+ people playing. I need my space wars or bust.

so you are basically floating in space with jet-packs to control yourself?. Must be disorienting....

graphics are great

so you are basically floating in space with jet-packs to control yourself?. Must be disorienting....

graphics are great

Yes, pretty much. To be honest watching those videos gives you a very good indication of what to expect. It can be disorienting at times but it's also cool.

I was tempted, but the lack of variety scares me away. The maps all look the same and there's only one gun. :confused: I may check it out if it goes on sale one day.

I just picked this up on steam for $5 to those who are interested. I'm installing now but I feel it's worth the $5 to try out something new and support a good group of devs.

I wish 3Dmark would go back to coming out with a new 3Dmark one a year with new visuals and demos to see. Really missing good demoscene productions.

anyone that bought this game (or had it) want to send me a guest pass? i've spent so much on the steam sales, I don't want to spend money on games i may not enjoy..haha, thanks.

-edit- Thanks for the invite! hoping its fun!

Last edited:
anyone that bought this game (or had it) want to send me a guest pass? i've spent so much on the steam sales, I don't want to spend money on games i may not enjoy..haha, thanks. email is [email protected]

Yeah no problem. I just bought it (Been watching it for a while, jumping on the $5 sale today) and it came with 3.

Just sent it, should be in your inbox shortly.

I'm enjoying it so far. My favorite part is going into stealth mode and everything going to silence, making it easy to slip behind the enemy.

Unfortunately, it's a bit light on content. They really should have spent a little more time developing a few alternate weapon choices at least (There is only 1 primary rifle).

Still, it is definitely worth the $5 I bought it for. I'd recommend picking it up before that steam sale expires.

I saw this on the Steam sale today and decided to investigate. It looked very intriguing and later found out that one of my friends got it and has so far loved it. Thus, I picked up the 4 pack for some friends. :D

I'm guessing that there is an actual scene now. When I first picked this up, there was hardly anyone playing. Might have to start it back up again...

I bought it, loved my guest pass but there wasn't really a community to speak of. The game is just sick. It really is a breath of fresh air in the multiplayer scene I think. I have two guest passes, so send me a PM with your e-mail if you want one and on that note I also have 2 Killing Floor guest passes up for grabs.

I bought it and hope that it's great. I even bought three extra passes so hopefully people play with me. That said, Tribes did the whole completely 3D thing over 10 years ago...granted, this is different, with the spinning and all, but I really wonder where that game could have been if people weren't so offended by the steep learning curve...

Lots of players right now, anyone needs a guest pass feel free to ask. LOVING it. It's just really fun once you get used to the controls.

I was in the closed beta for this game. Being a competitive player in UT2004 for five years this game was just too easy for me so I wasn't impressed.

I cranked everything but set shadows to lowest, that keeps things smooth for me and looking better.

Only a handful of servers and the learning curve is too steep, which has the strong potential of making the game harder exponentially, because average players aren't going to stick around and become better, making it even harder for new people to get in the game. I spent $5 on it and am regretting even that. :(

I am going to call fail for this game. I am even a little sad that I spent $5 on it. They do not support 1280x1024 resolution..........

ive been taking my time and doing short burts of flight training. i think i may do flight training for another hour or so then make my jump into some live servers. im actually looking forward to some action...

I am going to call fail for this game. I am even a little sad that I spent $5 on it. They do not support 1280x1024 resolution..........

Just run 1280x960...?
Without scaling it of course.

I'm really having a blast with this game. I was big into Descent, and this is a small callback to it. And Ender's Game, although not quite as much as I'd hoped. Still though, I'm definitely glad I picked this up for $5.

Back