Sharp Showcases 27" 8K 120 Hz IGZO HDR Montior

This is cool, but I want an 88" 8K Screen. 100 PPI is what I like.

Yeah, I have a 40" 4K screen and the PPI is damn-near perfect. I would like to see a 40" 4K 100Hz+ screen in my lifetime, but I know this is not going to happen.

Yeah, I have a 40" 4K screen and the PPI is damn-near perfect. I would like to see a 40" 4K 100Hz+ screen in my lifetime, but I know this is not going to happen.
May I show you to this post by cirthix who is making a TCON that can do just that for a variety of 4K panels.

It's impressive (especially the 8 DPs :D) for sure. I guess in 5-6 years we will have something like this on the market. In the meantime I'm just sitting here hoping for a 4K @ 120+ Hz display to come along.

It's impressive (especially the 8 DPs :D) for sure. I guess in 5-6 years we will have something like this on the market. In the meantime I'm just sitting here hoping for a 4K @ 120+ Hz display to come along.

Considering the form factor, we may be looking at the upgrade to Apple's 5K Retina iMac.

Both Samsung and LG.Display are planning to produce 31.5'' 7680x4320 (280 ppi) panels soon, so it is likely we will see them used in monitors sometime in 2017 already.
Of course compared to the Sharp prototype they will be only 60Hz and probably without HDR support.

That's the future - scales perfectly to 2160p, 1440p, 1080p and 720p. In 10 years 4320p should be the only resolution left, almost like having a CRT.

Back