Sharp’s 60” LCD Has World’s Thinnest Frame

They messed up it should read 60' not 60." It is 60 feet not 60 inches. Why not make it 1080P? In addition it looks like it is made up of many smaller panels isntead of being one big panel.

They messed up it should read 60' not 60." It is 60 feet not 60 inches. Why not make it 1080P? In addition it looks like it is made up of many smaller panels isntead of being one big panel.

I imagine each panel is 60" and the frame being shown off is of the individual panel.

No, each screen is a PN-V601. From the name and size compared to the people, I'm guessing they got it right rather than make the mistake several times in the article. Though they do mix up references to the set of all monitors and each individual monitor. The monitor seems to be meant to be used in multi-screen projections, thus explaining the small bezel.

I am just quoting the article and the press release, both said 60":

Sharp new PN-V601, is the company latest 60” (1366 x 768) LCD information panel with a new ultra slim bezel giving you just 6.5mm of space once mounted in a multi-screen display solution.

Using Sharp latest LED backlight technology our HD capable 60” gives us a 700 cd/m2 maximum brightness and can be hook to a variety of system giving you the possibility to offer a unique video setting tailored to your needs.

Granted this kind of products is only dedicated to business oriented solution, but Sharp press conference setting a 30 screens wall (60”x30) and 18 matching screens on the floor was absolutely breathtaking, just check the video below to get an idea of how cool this system is!

1366x768 seems like an ultra low resolution for a 60 inch screen, and REALLY low if they are 60 feet screens. The newly announced iphone nearly has that resolution and it's like, what, 3 inches?

The new iphone has over 300ppi .. which is ridiculous...

Would be nice to have that kind of technology in a display you can actually use :p

Sheesh! It's a bunch of 60 inch 1366 x 768 screens set up next to each other people, not a 60 foot tv with 1366x768 resolution:rolleyes:
So the over all resolution is actually much higher than , for example, a 1080p front projectors image would be. They probably did that to show the possibilities with a super thin bezel tv.

it's obviously intended for large multi-screen displays, so the low resolution is adequate because usually you are far enough away from it to not notice each individual pixel.

That said, seems it's only a matter of time 'till it's all higher dpi, faster and cheaper, and either seamless or just plain larger - it would be neat if they could snap together like jigsaw puzzles and light enough to hang anywhere. can't wait :cool:

... Has World’s Thinnest Frame.
Why is this a selling point for TV makers? Who gives a shit how thin it is when 99.9% of the time your looking strait at it. I just bout a 50" LG. The picture looks great and it was a good price. I didn't go there and ask the salesmen "give me your thinnest TV! Picture be dammed!!"

Why is this a selling point for TV makers? Who gives a shit how thin it is when 99.9% of the time your looking strait at it. I just bout a 50" LG. The picture looks great and it was a good price. I didn't go there and ask the salesmen "give me your thinnest TV! Picture be dammed!!"

I guess for the same reason that a thinner tv is a selling point, It looks cool..... and the tv wall they were demonstrating wouldn't work nearly as well if you had 3 inches of black between the edges of each screen would it?

Why is this a selling point for TV makers?
The monitors seem designed specifically for multi-display walls. For that kind of use, the quality of each individual monitor isn't so much an issue, since the audience is far away. You want the frames to be slim, though, so they won't cut up the image too much.

Given the intended use, the frames are a selling point.

Exactly... for most people having a thin frame isn't going to really matter...

But if you're doing something like the demonstration then thin frames are what you want.

Frame is not = depth. Small frames would be beneficial to Eyefinity - depth doesn't matter. Don't confuse the two. ;)

dunno, screens without bezels even on the living room looks pretty slick, I think even without an eyefinity setup tv's like these looks great :)

Why is this a selling point for TV makers? Who gives a shit how thin it is when 99.9% of the time your looking strait at it. !"

They are refering to the bezel, not the thickness of the TV.

I don't know why they don't make more thin bezel TV's

Having a thin bezel was the difference between me buying a 37" or a 40" LCD due width limitations in my TV cabinet. Didn't want to spend money replacing the cabinet, because then I wouldn't have any $ left for the TV.

Finally found a Sony 40z5100 on clearance. Much better TV than any of the 37" I looked at, and with the thin bezel, it fit in my cabinet perfectly.

Quit wasting time making thin television bezels and start making more thin monitor bezels please! :-P

Why don't they just make super wide large monitors with high resolutions? Why not an LCD version of the CRVD monitor curved or uncuurved that goes for $2,000, that would be somthing su gamers could affford and buy and would beat multimonitors. just give em one awesome high res monitor for a reasonable price instead of 3 monitors. The bezels are a distraction. Or how about 3 bezeless monitors glued together? I am getting off topic.

3 of these monitors + eyefinity = ~105 inches of 2304x1366 gaming goodness.

Nope. The fact it still has a bezel = suck for eyefinity. And the resolution, who are they trying to pull one over? 60" with that res? It's a joke.

But for an information wall, (I believe that's their intention), they're fine.

Seems like a perfect match for the 12-port 5970. :D Now if only it has display port so you don't have to buy 10 dp->dvi adapters. :eek:

Nope. The fact it still has a bezel = suck for eyefinity. And the resolution, who are they trying to pull one over? 60" with that res? It's a joke.

Having a bezel doesn't make it suck for EyeFinity. It's good to have minimal bezel, but it doesn't make it a bad experience at all.

Look at how they are showing it in video. that indicates that it's meant for industrial applications where it's on 24/7 or is meant to be used as signage. There, you want something to last, and resolution is second or third on the list.

I am still waiting on the "Worlds highest rez TV" I could care less about size right now unless it was smaller then 24 inches.

TV walls don't need 2560x1600 on each panel, that's major overkill.

Back