Sharing Private Files (via email)

XTF

Gawd
What's *the* solution for sharing large private files (photos, videos) via email?
Should be easy to use, it's for a neighbour.

What's *the* solution for sharing large private files (photos, videos) via email?
Should be easy to use, it's for a neighbour.
*The* solution for private email depends on your budget, security requirements, and 3rd party certifications. My guess for you is free-to-low, none, and none (respectively).

Why not just forego email, and share a DropBox location instead?

Because you might want to share different data with different contacts.

Because you might want to share different data with different contacts.
That's not an obstacle in email or DropBox, nor does one grant better transparency or accountability than the other.

Another potential candidate -- FTP server.

private tracker and just e-mail a .torrent ?

otherwise a folder per person on dropbox, and just share the folder you want them to see with them.

Very true; you could always 7z and password protect anything you didn't want someone else fooling with and put it almost anywhere, probably without having any issues.

Since everything else I do (for the most part) relies heavily on Google and their ecosystem, I thought about switching over to Drive...until I read that blurb about the file ownership. Right now, most of my freelance design work is dumped on Dropbox, mainly because it's corporate/brand work and I don't own those logos, companies, or trademarks....and I don't want anything I touched related to those files being put in a place where someone else can come along and mess with it and it could come back to me. :)

Back