sharing photos on the net

bwanaaa

Weaksauce
Since there is no 'cloud forum' I hope this is the right place.

I would like to upload a bunch of photographs to the cloud. For argument's sake, let's say I put up a thousand photos ranging in size from 500kb to 5 meg.

I would like to share subsets of this collection with various groups and individuals.
For example, I would like to select all of john's pix and send him a link to that collection. I would also like to select all of my ski club's pix and send them a link to that collection Some of these pix might also include john.

I would like to present the different collections in different formats. Let's say I would like john's collection to be a collage of all his pix on one page. I might light like the ski club collection to appear as a slide show of individual pix on a dark grey background.

The idea would be for the site to use the style sheet when it displays the photos in the folder where the photos are stored. the problem w smugmug is that you have to create a gallery for each presentation. It would be nice if i could do what lightroom does with its templates, but online for web viewing.
Is there a service that will do this? Easily?

Tried 500pix. dropbox, google drive, shutterfly, zen, smugmug
None seem to be able to do this. It shouldnt be hard- just select subsets of my photo collection and a presentation template.

tnx. will check it out.
-I have to see how much work it would be. Not as easy a clicking a checkbox next to the photos I want to share, selecting a template to use from a dropdown list, and clicking a 'share' button-but it's a start.

ok, so i decided to use google docs to create a presentation. The images are on google drive. Google docs simply references the images so any number of templates are possible. For example, here are two different 'galleries' made in google docs.

Because this site does not allow urls you have to do a little work to see the galleries-replace the 'DOT' with a dot and paste into a browser.

Boston
gooDOTgl/32ZKI

Boston in Blue
gooDOTgl/4a5hI

Of course you cant sell the images, it's just a way to present subsets of your images with a circle of friends. The same way that 500pix does with sets, or smugmug does with smart sets.

Except of course, it's free.

Last edited:
Back