Sharing one pc for multiple games & users

Nebell

2[H]4U
I found an app called SoftXpand which allows you to set up 2 different monitors and keyboard/mice and allow 2 person to use the same computer.
But it's only supported on Windows 7 and I have not tried in on games as I don't have a second set of keyboard and mouse.

Does anyone know of an app that will allow me to use my computer and play let's say, Diablo 3 with a friend on the same computer?
Paid or free, doesn't matter.

I don't think you will be able to do anything that the game itself doesn't provide and allow. And you will not be able to sign onto and open up the game twice of course on the same PC. So I don't think you will get anywhere with this. This is not to say your game(s) don't allow 2 people to play because I don't know. But you will not be able to force something that's not already built into the game. If you can I'd like to see it.

If not supported in game you will need two PC's and two copies of the game and either play online together or connect a LAN game.

I don't think you will be able to do anything that the game itself doesn't provide and allow. And you will not be able to sign onto and open up the game twice of course on the same PC. So I don't think you will get anywhere with this. This is not to say your game(s) don't allow 2 people to play because I don't know. But you will not be able to force something that's not already built into the game. If you can I'd like to see it.

If not supported in game you will need two PC's and two copies of the game and either play online together or connect a LAN game.

I know, it was never my intention to make the same game work. It would be two different battle nets, two different Steam accounts, etc.

Anyway I bought Aster and damn it's the best $25 I've spent in a long time
biggrin.gif

I bought 1 year 2 terminal package. There's unlimited for about twice the price, and you can even buy up to 6 terminals. I might even buy unlimited package for future use.

It's incredibly simple to use. I barely even bothered to read the guide, and once I got it working I was like "wait, what, it's already working, that's all I had to do?"

I hooked up my Logitech K400 wireless keyboard that I use when I'm on the couch, as well as some 1080p screen that I use for extra stuff like monitoring temps/skype/etc, and bluetooth headphones that I carry with me when I go out.
At the beginning you're presented with 2 different terminals, one has it all, so you just drag and drop what you want to the other terminal (in this case, a second monitor/keyboard/mouse/sound). When you use a mouse for example, it's blinking in the terminal, so you know which one you're currently using (for some reason I had 7 different keyboard and 4 mice, but blinking made it simple to get the right one). Also the sound was dealt with the same way. Go to YouTube (or whatever), play a sound, move the blinking speaker to the designated terminal. After that you just click start Aster and the computer will restart (you also need to restart if you want to turn it off). After that you just click to activate the second terminal and BOOM!
You can even run it automatically with Windows and SLI works fine with this setup if anyone is wondering.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:

2vj5542.jpg

Here's a photo of The Division being run at maximum details and 4k (about 30 fps) and Dragon's Age: Inquisition at max details, 1080p and 4x AA, rarely falls below 60 fps.

So playing 2 AAA demanding titels on 4k ain't gonna happen on my sig rig, unless details are lowered. Two 1440p might work (have no way to test), but 1080p is definitely no problem. Maybe even 3rd screen. It depends very much on the game. For example playing DA: Inquisition maxed out at 1080p and Rocket League at 4k max details, the fps was never dropping below 60 on both games. There was suddenly some tearing in Rocket League but I activated V-Sync and it disappeared.
Now excuse me while I go and buy a real gaming mouse/keyboard and make a second computer out of this
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Back