Sharing Network Printer

waterboy787

Limp Gawd
I currently have a siemens speedstream 2624 router where I have my Minolta 1350w laser printer connected to it via serial port.

THe problem is...is that the printer doesn't show on my network still! I"m currently running win xp.

I've already put in the Minolta drivers as well as the port drives for the router. I added the port but during the port procedure the setup would ask me do you have a epson color printer (old printer) and I would answer no. And then it successfully adds the port.

But the printer doesn't show up on my network!

ANy ideas/suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thanks all.

I recently have been through this scenario with a Samsung 1651N Printer. The instructions that came with the printer were very vague regarding the net setup. Since, I bought a parallel print server for my new Canon 860. When you select a new printer in the add printer contol panel, don't go to network printer use local printer, I uncheck detect printer(w2k). The next dialoque box asks you to select port. Go to the bottom of the box and select tcp/ip, next box ask what card of net card I just select generic, next box asks for drivers, point to the driver or use your driver disk, next it asks, do you want to share it(yes or no your option), then next box asks to print test page, DON't. It should give you a screen showing your connection and drivers. When all this gets done go to that printer properties and then check it's port connection. Then I try a test page, if it doesn't work it could be a printer naming issue or printer port name issue. If that doesn't work for you, you can always delete the setup.

Back