Sharing a drive over the network

DatHak512

Gawd
So i'm running 10.3 on a PowerMac with two drives. Connected through ethernet to this is my PowerBook, which has a DVD reader; my PowerMac can't read DVDs. I want to move files from a number of DVDs that i have (containing pictures) to the HDD which does NOT contain OS X on the PowerMac. Here's my question:

What can i do to share the slave IDE drive? I can share the primary drive fine, but i don't see any way to share the second drive, which is otherwise empty. Any help would me much appreciated; i hope this is an easy quesiton!

edit: i've got 10.4 on my laptop, and a PC DVD burner that i could move to my PowerMac, but i've never tried this so i don't know if it will work or not.

Anybody?

Cliff's: I'm trying to move files from DVDs onto a PowerMac with two hard-drives which does not have a DVD reader. My laptop reads DVDs.

Its is not a beautiful answer, but maybe create a hardlink to the root of the disk in a volume that shows up when connecting?

I know there was a way to change mount points in NetInfo, but I cannot remember it off the top of my head. I will look around

Sharepoints... 'nuff said

*edit*
Maybe not enough said. Sharepoints is a freeware application that configures all of the net info stuff for you, and allows you to easily configuring sharing of an entire hard drive or just specific folders. Seperate settings for SMB and AFP shares, allows you to set SMB workgroup name, etc. I do not remember the link, but a quick search for it on Google will find it for you. IIRC the website was something like hornware.com or something close.

I did a link for mine. This was to make a PC access the USB drive attached to my Mini. I made a folder under my username folder using ln (link). I did something like ln -s /users/name/MP3/ /Volumes/Lacie/Music/MP3 ( I think I had to use the -s). Anyways this allows me to login from the PC and click on the folder and then I see directly into the USB drive.

nfs always worked well in linux...wonder if it would float on x

Back