Sharepoint folders disappearing

Phandalyon

OK, this is driving me nuts. We have SBS 2003 installed on our server and are beginning to heavily use the Sharepoint system. But I have run into a glitch.

I can updload a file or folder to sharepoint just fine. But if I have to rename the file, either through explorer view or through the edit dropdown, the file or folder will dissapear from the normal view. It will still be visible in explorer view. The only way to rename a file or folder is to move it to the local computer, rename it, and then move it back to sharepoint.

Content approval is disabled and I have administrator priveledges.

Our MS guy is out for the week, but he doesn't know much about sharepoint anyway (he was on the NT design team so he knows a lot about the OS, but he left MS before Sharepoint existed).

Does it disappear from everyone's views, or just on the person's making the change?

Just double checked that one to be sure. Same situation. File does not exist in all documents view, but in explorer view it is there. I am going to double check the content approval settings just to be sure.

edit: Nevermind. Content approval was turned on on this one site. Damnit.

Stupid mistakes keep my job interesting. ;)

It is odd that I could still see the files in explorer view though. Content approval is worthless apparently.

edit2: you may feel free to laugh at me now.

Back