Shared Documents not showing up...

Hey guys,

I've got a small problem. I've got 3 computers (and a printer) set up on a Linksys wired router. They can all ping eachother. But, when I go into shared documents computer 1 doesn't see computer 3 and computer 3 doesn't see computer 1. But computer 2 can see computer 1 and 3 and 1 and 3 see computer 2. Like I said, they all ping, and they were all working before. I have websites that I work on and I need to have the shared documents working... Anybody know what wrong, it's just recently that it stopped working.

Thanks
-Matt

Did you share out a folder?
XP Pro or XP Homeless? Simple file sharing?
Same users on the host PC that the others log in using?
File and Print sharing excepted in the XP firewall? Or any 3rd party naggy software firewalls that need some local network wizard run?

It's the default shared folder called "shared documents" that shows up in 'my network places" on each computer

One computer is pro the other 2 are home

I have no logging into any thing, just one user per computer, if that's what you are asking.

XP firewall is off on all computers. I use zonealarm, but allow the IPs of the other computers on the network.

Hope this helps

Thanks again
-Matt

Have you verified that they are all in the same workgroup? If not that can sometimes bork XP's auto-location of shares.

What happens when you type in (from computer 1) Start->Run->\\Computer2 and then press enter?

I'll check all of that when I get home today, thanks for the suggestions. I'll let you know what it says dbwillis.

when I check to see the work group I see all three computers and can click on them all from computer 2. When I click on the ones that I can't get to from the computers that can't get to them I get an error that says something to the effect of \\Comp# not accessible... Check administrator for permissions. The network path was not found.

I don't know what to think from this, I really need to get this working...

Thanks
-Matt

Have you temporarily disabled zonealarm on all of the systems? Worth a check to make sure there isnt some small configuartion difference.

The thing is that this just happened out of the blue. No changes (that I know of) were made to any configurations. Zone Alarm was up and running fine, I will try to disable it, but I doubt that it is the culprit. I haven't the slightest clue why this just stopped working.

Back