Share your X1800XT OC's, volts, temps, and all that stuff!

Serge84

Gawd
I would like to see what everybody is getting out of this card. Tho no 2 cards will OC the same. I just want to get an idea how well this card OC's and what volts and temps you guys use. So how bout it? Also is there a better fan for this X1800XT or is the stock fan enough? It can push to 70C on 68% fan thats usouly 100% GPU useage 55C normal. What is the max 24/7 temps this thing will take? 7300 Nvidea's do 130C max is what it said (My last card).

After I see enough of what this can do. I'll start doing my own OC's.

x1800xt 256MB
702/865 @ 1.45v/2.1v/2.05v

The stock fan is pretty decent when it runs at 100%, only problem is that its loud. The one good thing about the stock fan is that it exausts air directly outside the case.

I use an Acclero X2 - Runs close to 70C but it is much quieter. However it does heat up my case temps because of the design of the cooler. Dumps all the heat into your case, which is a bit retarded.

WOW! You can hit 700 on a X1800XT?! I didn't know that...
I wonder how far it would lag behind a X1900XTX at those overclock speeds...

i got mine to 725/800 .. voits are around 1.45 also. ran the fan at around 65-75% and temps at load are around 92-95C. I know it's pretty hot -_-' but for an overclock like that?? :) i might invest in better cooling, that's a stock fan.

the x1900xt has those 48 some pixel shader processors =) i wish i had those on my x1800xt. o well. the x1800xt IS considerably cheaper, and yes they can overclock really well. mine did.

"What is the max 24/7 temps this thing will take?" to answer your question... I'm pretty sure ATI cards can handle pretty hot temps. I had no artifacting whatsoever on my 94C load... I played some quake 4 and battlefield 2 for 4-5 hours, nothing happened that I could see.

I'm having a problem with my X1800XT, please help.

When I OC my X1800XT with ATI tool I get almost no improved performance than when I play something and only use the CCC @ 625/750 (stock).

I don't get it, and when I run 3dMark06 I get a 200 point difference. What gives? What does 200 points get you in real time game playing anyway?

The games I'm currently playing are: MS Flight Sim X demo, Oblivion, CS:S, Dark Messiah Demo, and Call of Jaurez Demo. All pretty graphics heavy games, and all good.

When I OC my card with ATI tool here are the settings: 685/792, 1.395V, 2.162V, and 2.135V
am I doing something wrong please help.

Thanks in advance!

Mine overclocks to 700/800 on all benchmarks and some games. Problem is that the card won't run any overclock in one game, galactic civilizations 2. In fact, when I run that game at stock clocks, the card automatically underclocks itself to 500/650. I haven't figured that one out yet.

And here's a laugh...I didn't let ATI tool start with windows and instead used the CCC OC, set it to 685/792 like I do in ATI tool and when I played Oblivion I got artifacting all over the place and had to restart.

How do you explain that? I can only surmise that CCC is not increasing the volts to the needed levels...maybe it's because I have an ASUS?

What do you all think?

solideliquid said:
And here's a laugh...I didn't let ATI tool start with windows and instead used the CCC OC, set it to 685/792 like I do in ATI tool and when I played Oblivion I got artifacting all over the place and had to restart.

How do you explain that? I can only surmise that CCC is not increasing the volts to the needed levels...maybe it's because I have an ASUS?

What do you all think?

It would seem to be a driver issue. Personally, I haven't pushed my card to its fullest yet. ATI Tray tool didn't work for me as XP kept insisting that the card's drivers weren't installed.

I'll probably try again with the 6.7 Cats.

BTW, you and I have identical builds. How's Oblivion performance treatin ya?

edit: you aren't running tray tool and CCC together are you? It's CCC full package + .net OR Catalyst Driver only + ATI Tray Tool. Totally uninstall one before installing the other... you'll have driver miscommunication (correct me if I'm wrong).

From what I've read, you can run CCC + .net and ATI tool, in order for ATI tool to work you need to disable the ATI programs in msconfig.

Oblivion, I run it at 1280x1024, HDR on, AFx16 all settings maxed out except the tree slider, which I have set at about the middle. I find that outside I get 15-30 fps average if I walk around lots of grass and trees, and 55-70 average inside (caves, buildings, etc).

solideliquid said:
From what I've read, you can run CCC + .net and ATI tool, in order for ATI tool to work you need to disable the ATI programs in msconfig.

Oblivion, I run it at 1280x1024, HDR on, AFx16 all settings maxed out except the tree slider, which I have set at about the middle. I find that outside I get 15-30 fps average if I walk around lots of grass and trees, and 55-70 average inside (caves, buildings, etc).

Grass and Canopy shadows on?

solideliquid said:

The latest version of ATI tool disables that stuff for you. The first time you run it after you install it, it prompts you to permenatly disable some of the ATI programs running in the background.

Jonsey said:
The latest version of ATI tool disables that stuff for you. The first time you run it after you install it, it prompts you to permenatly disable some of the ATI programs running in the background.

Glad I read this thread. Cool, thanks.

xtasyindecay said:
Grass and Canopy shadows on?

Yes to both. Actually, the funny thing is, when I moved the tree slider all the way to the right, and turned on every feature, the FPS stayed the same. Which leads me to think my P4 3.6 is holding the performance back. It's a little odd, but I shouldn't be surprised as this processor is over a year old.

However, I am still scratching my head at the negligible perfomance increase between running the card at 625/750 and at 685/792.

me thinks the oc will help you with some test scores like 3dmark, but you wont notice much in gaming, at least this is my personal experience

Back