Shafted by NewEgg - Loyal Customer no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawlgsx

[H]ard|Gawd
I have spent 10's of thousand of dollars on Newegg. Not to mention the countless friends, family, and clients I have sent them.

Yesterday I placed an order for a 7970 that was in stock, with rush processing and overnight shipping. This order was placed at 10am (their time).

Order says it shipped, but tracking never updates. Once 5pm my time hits and still no status update and no package I get curious so I open a newegg chat. I am told the package DID ship, but tracking hasn't updated, please call fedex.

I call FedEx and they tell me the shipping slip was made, but the package was never picked up or sent out.

Back to NewEgg support. Here I am told the package must be lost. My ONLY options are to file a claim. I have 2 options, wait 7-10 days for a claim for a refund, or wait 7-10 days for a claim for a replacement.

This is UNACCEPTABLE. I paid for an item that never left their warehouse and I am getting the short end of the stick. I do not have the funds currently to place another order, and I gave up my loaner card already so now I am without my computer for 7-10+ days.

I tried fighting and they offered me absolutely NOTHING.

UPDATE: After offering me nothing and telling me basically my package was lost and I was screwed, it now @ 7:45pm shows it just left the NJ Warehouse and will be here tomorrow.

Last edited:
Newegg: I would be glad to assist you with that... Can you please give me one moment while I look into this for you?

ME: thank you

Newegg: Thank you for holding. We will file claim for you. Would you like a refund or replacement? If you would like a replacement, please also verify your shipping address.

ME: File a claim? The item has not left the newegg warehouse.

Newegg: No, it has been picked up by shipping carrier but it may be missing.

ME: Will newegg give me a partial refund on the overnight shipping (as well as refunding my rush processing, since both were in vane)
ME: I paid for both because I really needed it today

Newegg: At this point, we need to file missing claim for you for this order has past this delivery time but there's no delivery information until now. If you have a refund, we will make a full refund for you.

ME: A refund doesnt really help me
ME: Can they send a new one overnight today? Or is it too late to get it out today?

Newegg: A claim for lost or misdelivered package takes 7-10 business days to process. Once processed, we will create a replacement order and send you that information via email.

ME: SO Newegg or Fedex screwed up somewhere and I am stuck without my money and my item for 7-10 days?

Newegg: We apologize for this. Would you like a refund or replacement claim for this order ?

ME: Either way I am out. I need this item tomorrow, isn't there anyway they can just replace the order, how is it any different than a refund?

Newegg: You can have a refund for this order and then replace it online. Please note that all orders are subject to a 1-2 business days processing period even with rush option excluding weekends and holidays. The shipping time does not begin until the order is picked up by the shipping courier and scanned into their system. For example, if the order is placed with Next day delivery, the package will be received the next business day after the order ships, not the day after the order date.
Newegg: This is the fastest way for you to get this item now.

ME: That is unacceptable
ME: Newegg has my money for an order placed and that item did not leave the warehouse according to Fedex. I demand another item be shipped out overnight, AS I paid for
ME: If you can not than please give me to someone higher up
ME: If a refund is truly the only option Newegg wishes to offer me I will take this and all future business somewhere else and I assure you I will be taking plenty of other people with me

Newegg: We do sincerely apologize for this. I'm checking......

ME: I understand things happen, but Newegg surely can do something better than telling me I need to wait 7-10 days to place another order and wait another day for the item to come, when the screw up was NOT on my end. And FedEx is claiming this item was never picked up. Thank you for checking

Newegg: Thank you for holding. After checking with my supervisor, we can honor next day shipping for your new order.
Newegg: You can place this order now and we will help you with this.

ME: But am I going to be charged again?

Newegg: Yes, you need to pay for this again. However, you will have refund for order #(redacted) once this claim is claosed.

ME: I do not have $600 to place another order, that is the problem

Newegg: We apologize for this and we are unable to help you at this point

ME: Please refund my order and close my Newegg account.

Newegg: Thank you for your information. I have submitted a claim to our related department on your behalf. You will receive a confirmation email within the next 10 minutes with further information regarding the claim. Please allow 7-10 business days for us to process the claim. We will then process a refund per your request when the claim is closed. In addition, you will receive a confirmation email once the claim is closed. Please note that we are unable to delete an account, you can just change your information into invalids and this is ok.

ME: I have to wait 7-10 days for a refund?

ME: On an item that never left Newegg's warehouse?

Newegg: Yes, you are right.

I ordered a 7970 initially as well and it didnt ship. Even did rush processing and overnight as well. After it didnt ship for over 24 hours, I cancelled the order as well. I understand your frustration. I remember when I was living in Denver that I could order at 5pm MNT on a Wednesday and receive the package Friday with the FREE shipping option. Im lucky to get it in 2 days now living 3 hours from their California facility w/ rush processing and 2 day ship option :(

I complained and got a $10 credit. 2 months later, I finally need something from them again. I tried to use my code to find it was dead. I ask them WTF and they say I have 30 days to use it and wouldnt re-issue it. Newegg used to care... I remember buying from them over 10 years ago and they were the best thing since sliced bread but I prefer Amazon now.

Shit happens, I don't see how NE could have handled the your case any differently. It sucks, but it is not any different than how any other business would handle the situation. However, they should refund you every penny that you paid.

That is pretty shitty. Never had those kind of problems with them myself but if I did I'd certainly think twice about ordering from them again.

Shit happens, I don't see how NE could have handled the your case any differently. It sucks, but it is not any different than how any other business would handle the situation. However, they should refund you every penny that you paid.

The item never left NewEgg's warehouse. The right thing for them to do SHOULD have been to ship me out a new card, that I ALREADY paid for. Both their own system and FedEx (I called, not just their automated system) agree that this item was never picked up for delivery.

FWIW I ordered some stuff from a different retailer, and SEVERAL DAYS after they said it shipped, the tracking number still didn't come up on UPS.com, it just said the label had printed but it wasn't picked up yet, similar to your situation. I called the retailer and was pretty pissed off too, but apparently it is possible for the carrier to actually have the package but have not been able to scan it yet. Yes, it's weird and I didn't believe it was possible either, until the tracking number started working the next day and ended up arriving the day it was supposed to in the first place.

My package was shipping from Florida to Utah. The tracking number didn't work online until the package got to COLORADO!

I know it was supposed to come today, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it just showed up at your house tomorrow. There is still hope!

Not really sure what you are whining about here. They immediately offered a refund to you. They are never issued instantly. This is no different than any other business would do.

It's a video card, not the antidote. Shit happens.

I've also switched to mostly Amazon but know it's only a matter of time before something happens. Part of life as a big boy means dealing with problems that don't always go the way you want.

Not really sure what you are whining about here. They immediately offered a refund to you. They are never issued instantly. This is no different than any other business would do.

It's a video card, not the antidote. Shit happens.

I've also switched to mostly Amazon but know it's only a matter of time before something happens. Part of life as a big boy means dealing with problems that don't always go the way you want.

No, they offered to file a claim, and when the claim is OVER, I will get my money. This means I am without the money, or the card, for 7-10 days. (and THEN I can place a new order).

That is not an acceptable practice to me for something that did not ever leave their possession.

I am dealing with it, I am sharing my bad experience and not shopping with them again. If they are willing to give up a loyal customer over their OWN mistake rather than take care of me, than that is the way it will be.

The item never left NewEgg's warehouse. The right thing for them to do SHOULD have been to ship me out a new card, that I ALREADY paid for. Both their own system and FedEx (I called, not just their automated system) agree that this item was never picked up for delivery.

Yeah, that is pretty ridiculous. Plus even if they did have to refund it should be immediately, not 7-10 days. That's horseshit.

All that said, I would not personally sell/give back any video cards I was currently using before I had the new card in hand. That part is on you.

Newegg's customer support is really starting to be shit. I have had numerous times that I was very frustrated with their level of service. This is one reason I don't buy much of anything from them anymore. Not to mention I can get better prices elsewhere with much better return policies on top of customer service.

Also their cellphone center is HORRIBLE. Talking to people that can barely speak english and got charged for all kinds of stuff I didn't want and said no to during sign up. Called back 2 times and finally just went to my provider and had them disable all the crap they said they would turn off and didn't.

All that said, I would not personally sell/give back any video cards I was currently using before I had the new card in hand. That part is on you.

hah, Fair enough :). I've made this mistake before, guess I didn't learn (the getting rid of before I have new thing, not being screwed by newegg).

Well I totally agree they F'ed up and should give you a replacement right away.

Why are you ordering a $600 card when you don't have the credit/ability to cover a new order :(

Nothing is perfect. Mistakes happen. Your biggest mistake was not going to a local store for something you say you need right away. You let it go through multiple hands and didn't expect an eventual mistake to happen at some point? The f is wrong with you?

Well I totally agree they F'ed up and should give you a replacement right away.

Why are you ordering a $600 card when you don't have the credit/ability to cover a new order :(

I still have money but I (against all stupidity) am one of those people who live check to check.

Someone owed me money and paid me, and I sold my old cards, which gave me the $600 to order the card without affecting my living/bill money. I always pay my bills on time and don't overdraft or anything like that, so I don't think I am THAT bad :).

I don't know if Amazon had stock of your card or not, but maybe when you get your refund you should order from them. I ordered an mp3 player yesterday with 15 seconds left for the "receive item tomorrow" countdown, and sure enough it arrived 20 hours later, from Kentucky to Michigan.

Nothing is perfect. Mistakes happen. Your biggest mistake was not going to a local store for something you say you need right away. You let it go through multiple hands and didn't expect an eventual mistake to happen at some point? The f is wrong with you?

You ever been to Maine? We have ONE electronics store, Best Buy. Way overpriced and their highest end card in stock is a 560 TI.
I'd gladly have paid more to have it right then and locally, unfortunately that is not an option.

You realize this could have been FedEx's fault, right? In that case Newegg is just doing what it has to do to protect it's business. Shit happens, don't really see how this could have been handled differently...

Ya, it's amazing how much of the US is a techno dead zone. They should be required to have either a Fry's or Microcenter in every city above 25-50k lol. If we are passing bullshit req's, why not one that helps everyone catch up with the rest of the country/world? hehe

Newegg is still bleh... I order from them only if I HAVE to have it... but they aren't terrible. A few weeks ago, a laptop was stolen from my house (thought it was just misplaced), same day I was waiting on a $350 box from newegg, (Ram and SSD) 8pm rolls around, I realize box didn't come, check tracking, tracking says delivered. I check front door, bushes, the street, my backyard, the bushes back there... my neighbors porches, that box is gone.

It hits me that the laptop and box were probably stolen around the same time of the day. I chat with Newegg, Newegg directs me to UPS, go to UPS center, they don't have it, they tell me to file a claim with Shipper, back to Newegg, let them know UPS doesn't have it. They start a claim, about 3 days later I get a tracking number, and a box the day after.

The box was stolen from my porch, and they replaced my items. I could have been out 350, if they didn't care about my business.

I prefer Amazon over Newegg for prices +CA Tax, however Amazon has the worst search system, plus now they allow gougers to run rampant as well as ebay like sellers and part posters (part numbers or different item names, not the actual items).

You realize this could have been FedEx's fault, right? In that case Newegg is just doing what it has to do to protect it's business. Shit happens, don't really see how this could have been handled differently...

Except according to FedEx the package was never even put into their hands.

You ever been to Maine? We have ONE electronics store, Best Buy. Way overpriced and their highest end card in stock is a 560 TI.
I'd gladly have paid more to have it right then and locally, unfortunately that is not an option.

No I have never been to maine but your full of shit. Over 30,000 results for computer shop\store in maine.

No I have never been to maine but your full of shit. Over 30,000 results for computer shop\store in maine.

HAH! Go ahead and call around and try to call my bluff. I guarantee you NO WHERE in Maine has a 7970 or GTX 680 in stock. I've lived here my entire life, and have tried countless times to pick up modern hardware locally and it NEVER is possible. Hell up until recently I couldn't even find a power supply with a 6 or 8 pin GPU plug on it locally.

The Westbrook Computer shop has dated hardware or low end. H+R Distributors, another popular shop, has low end hardware at best. Computer Renaissance has complete crap. They don't even stock more than a few parts period. Any and all "Search" results you found, are VERY small repair shops or out of garage shops. The electronics stores consist of Best Buy, Staples, and Radio Shack (as far as Chains are concerned). If there is anything else I can tell you it is at least a few hours away (maybe if I drove to Boston, MA?)

Man that sux. I need to find another place. NE has been pissing me off for awhile too. First of all their whole site is spammy with all that crap they sell. Second they stopped using fedex as default hate ups and my driver looks like a gangster. Third ppl are reporting more CS issues, lucky I never had to return anything or lost package.

uhhh no

more and more companies are starting to get this way. fuck customer service, you will get it when u get it.
I know there is a disclaimer regarding 'in stock' language' but this is bullshit at its finest.

If the fucking item didnt ship whatsoever, why the hell should he have to wait for his money? Its not 'shit happens' its, they screwed up, didnt give a shit, and offered nothing in return. ON TOP OF THAT, he has to WAIT for his money, 2 WEEKS!

bullshit, never deal with them again.

and to that dude who said 'blah blah why didnt u order another one dont you have the means to do so..' no sir, he shouldnt have to, he ALREADY ORDERED a 600$ video card, why the hell should he have to expect NE to mess up and have another $600 sitting there waiting to order another one??

rofl.

Just curious with CCs what do you mean you don't have funds? I'd just order from somewhere else and demand and wait for chargeback from NE.

there company's policies are pretty shitty compared to Amazon and even Dell i have had better customer service for returns and refunds than newegg. But also i don't really ever have problems with newegg where i have to return stuff and they do ship stuff really quickly usually without problems.

Just curious with CCs what do you mean you don't have funds? I'd just order from somewhere else and demand and wait for chargeback from NE.

I am probably going to file a charge back tomorrow with my bank (paid using my bank debit/credit card).

I am probably going to file a charge back tomorrow with my bank (paid using my bank debit/credit card).

Duh sorry I forgot about debit cards. Fuck those things. I tore mine up when they started charging me for low transactions.

This is a pretty silly comment.

Though I live within my means and would only spend a small fraction of my worth on such a thing, why should he be able to afford two before ordering one?

I live in Las Vegas and NOONE has a 7970 or even a 7950 instock. Frys had 2 7970s on release and never had anymore.

You are naive to think that a place would have a high end part that isnt purchased often in stock all the time. How many people walk into a store wanting a $600 graphics card? Use common sense....

Sorry for your trouble, but if you order online long enough THIS will happen sooner or latter, honestly I'm amazed that it doesn't happen more often. This exact situation has happened to me twice, once with Amazon and NewEgg. The last time was NewEgg and it had to be at least 4 years ago.

It sucks but I don't think that any other company, no big one, would have been able to give you any other options. Yeah, it looks like it was a screw up on NewEgg's end but customer rep has NO idea what really happened to the card. But yeah, FedEx and UPS, they don't lose shit, they'd be out of business tomorrow if they lost much.

Last edited:
and
"driver stole my package" NEVER crossed your mind?

wow. Fedex drivers steal shit ALLLLLLLL the time

It's absolutely possible, but don't you think Newegg should (and most certainly can) cover me the $580 for a new card while THEY deal with FedEx?

I didn't steal it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back