Shadow of The Tomb Raider

Awesome. I just finished my second play through of Tomb Raider last night, and started Rise of the Tomb Raider (my second time starting it, though I only made it about 60% the first time.)

My general rule of thumb for games from asshole AAA publishers is $12 inclusive of all DLC.
I take it that means you own none of the Call of Duty games going back to the first :ROFLMAO:.

On topic: I really enjoy this new breed of Tomb Raider game and really excited for the next one!

The timing works for me. Red Dead 2 hits just over a month later, so that'll give me a solid 5 weeks to progress through this game. While Rise was a great game, it was incredibly easy outside of 1-2 encounters. Hopefully the difficulty is more akin to the first TR reboot.

My general rule of thumb for games from asshole AAA publishers is $12 inclusive of all DLC.

I only paid full price for assassin's creed origins because I've played every other one. But I get what you're saying.

I thought Crystal Dynamics had partnered with Marvel to make some superhero games...good to see them able to complete this Lara Croft trilogy before moving on...should be another fun game with amazing graphics...the first game surprised a lot of people and the 2nd game just improved upon that...I read that Shadow of the Tomb Raider will not be a timed Xbox exclusive like the last game was...that's a relief although Xbox only had a 2 month exclusivity deal so it wasn't as bad as it could have been

I thought Crystal Dynamics had partnered with Marvel to make some superhero games...good to see them able to complete this Lara Croft trilogy before moving on...should be another fun game with amazing graphics...the first game surprised a lot of people and the 2nd game just improved upon that...I read that Shadow of the Tomb Raider will not be a timed Xbox exclusive like the last game was...that's a relief although Xbox only had a 2 month exclusivity deal so it wasn't as bad as it could have been

Eidos Montreal is developing this one.

I really hope it's a simultaneous PC release. I love the rebooted TR franchise, but I'm especially fond of the first and its Descent homages (one of my favorite horror movies).

This could be a good excuse for a replay. :)

Eidos Montreal is developing this one.

oh...hopefully the quality is up to par...I keep thinking about the Arkham quadrilogy where Rocksteady was not the developer for one of the games and it wasn't as well received (although I thought it was pretty good...but not on the same level as the Rocksteady ones)

oh...hopefully the quality is up to par...I keep thinking about the Arkham quadrilogy where Rocksteady was not the developer for one of the games and it wasn't as well received (although I thought it was pretty good...but not on the same level as the Rocksteady ones)

It really depends on how much SE Europe/Eidos fucks around with stuff. Eidos Montreal is a good studio, but their owners are idiots. SE Europe is why the last Deus Ex was as disappointing as it was and their constant fucking around with Thief left it in the state that we got it.

I take it that means you own none of the Call of Duty games going back to the first :ROFLMAO:.

Not too far from the truth as Activision are very unwilling to discount their games, I always roll my eyes at the prices they charge for CoD during the steam sales. I did manage to grab a physical copy of Infinite Warfare at a bargain bin price of approximately $7, and the experience was so utterly pedestrian and uninspiring that it confirmed my existing opinion that I wasn't really missing out on much. Long gone are the glory days of CoD1 and CoD:UO, I wouldn't hesitate in paying full price if Activision was actually capable of delivering a product of the same calibre rather than a soulless and cynical trojan horse for garbage $DLC.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
This looks awesome. Glad Lara is starting to have some feelings about the hundreds of people that she mass murdered without batting an eye.

I'm really looking forward to playing this. The last 2 were amazing, especially with the exploration & collectibles.

So this tiny little 3.5 year old thread is the main discussion for this AAA game? Am I missing something?

Anyway after todays update I am getting some pretty big fps drops coinciding with gpu usage drops. I am barely staying above 60 fps at times with gpu usage dropping into the mid 70% range.

Back