Shadow of Mordor I don’t get it.

HardUp4HardWare

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok, so I was looking forward to this game for a while and picked it up during the last sale on PSN.
Beautiful game let me just say that.

However I am just not getting the flow of the game itself. I spawn, I sneak up on a few orcs and fine, I take them out no prob.
Taking out a captain seems damn near impossible. And you can’t sneak up on them or stick em with an arrow.

Can someone clue me about what I should be doing to start enjoying this game?

Keep trying different strategies until you win, you know, just like any other game?

I got the game for Christmas from my mother-in-law, as it was a PS4 xmas for me from wife, family, and friends. I opened it up, installed it, updated it, played maybe 20 minutes of it and was lost, it was open world, but showed no direction. I will give it another shot as soon as I can put down Destiny.

From what I've read in other posts on the game, getting information on the boss weaknesses can help. Some bosses need certain attack styles for any success. I agree it's a little to open in the beginning to keep my attention and I moved on to other games but plan to pick it back up soon and start again.

Ok, so I was looking forward to this game for a while and picked it up during the last sale on PSN.

However I am just not getting the flow of the game itself. I spawn, I sneak up on a few orcs and fine, I take them out no prob.
Taking out a captain seems damn near impossible. And you can’t sneak up on them or stick em with an arrow.

The first thing I say to anyone in a sandbox/open-world game who can't find focus is to focus on the story missions. This usually allows the player to find focus and pick up the flow without having to worry about the fluff. Once you're into the game, then start seeking out the rest the world has to offer. I honestly have to force myself to do this in these types of games because I always want to complete the optional stuff before proceeding with the story.

As to the captains, seek out the ambient enemies who hold intel (highlight green in spectral form, IIRC). Interrogate them and you can learn a captain's position in the world along with their weaknesses. When you get to their stronghold you have to do a bit of old-school investigating to spot weaknesses in their security and environmental advantages you can use against them. Take advantage of spectral form during this time. Once you know your attack vector you need to make sure that you can't be interrupted by either isolating the captain or eliminating the extra forces.

Bottom line is take it slow and pace yourself. You may find that this game offers a lot more depth than is readily apparent on the surface.

The first thing I say to anyone in a sandbox/open-world game who can't find focus is to focus on the story missions. This usually allows the player to find focus and pick up the flow without having to worry about the fluff. Once you're into the game, then start seeking out the rest the world has to offer. I honestly have to force myself to do this in these types of games because I always want to complete the optional stuff before proceeding with the story.

As to the captains, seek out the ambient enemies who hold intel (highlight green in spectral form, IIRC). Interrogate them and you can learn a captain's position in the world along with their weaknesses. When you get to their stronghold you have to do a bit of old-school investigating to spot weaknesses in their security and environmental advantages you can use against them. Take advantage of spectral form during this time. Once you know your attack vector you need to make sure that you can't be interrupted by either isolating the captain or eliminating the extra forces.

Bottom line is take it slow and pace yourself. You may find that this game offers a lot more depth than is readily apparent on the surface.

thank you , that sounds good.

Umm, that's part of the fun. I had some fucking epic fights, 30 minutes to take some of them down.

This is one of the easiest and lack of content RPGs around.

Each enemy character has their own pros and cons.

Whether it be able to deflect range or the vulnerable to sabotage attacks.

The mission is to take them all out.
Think of it as a major hunt.

Keep playing and yes you'll eventually become bored of repetition. But the challenge to become an overall beast at fighting in this game is where the game is favored.

I can take 100 mobs at a time, but one of those stupid dogs runs over and wrecks me over and over. Can't wait to be able to one shot them.

I am getting it, thanks.

Get the intel, take out small groups of orcs. Getting a better feel for this.

Should be titled, "AC Middle Earth Edition"

Small groups, there's no fun in that man. There are creative ways to go in guns blazing.

If they make a sequel with a bit better AI it would be fantastic.

Back