Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition $6.74 (Humble Bundle)

Very enjoyable game with multi monitor and an app called flawless widescreen.

https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/

One of the best experiences in eyefinity or surround I've had yet. FOV is near perfect, all GUI elements and text and interaction items are on center screen. FMV is on the center screen only. Only peripheral vision content is on side screens so it all seems very natural and plays beautifully. (By comparison most unoptimized games have health, info, text etc on the far screens which can be a pain.)

Also --- it's easy on the hardware!

A single Fury X kept this game in the low to mid 50FPS range at 7680x1440 at high settings. Ultra settings would drop to the mid 40 FPS at 7680x1440.

While a pair of Fury X in Crossfire handled the game absolutely beautifully.

img_1144-jpg.12389

Last edited:
Top 5 game for me. Worth every penny of the 59.99 originally asked, so for that price, buy them , and send to friends as gifts.

Awesome, glad I jumped in on it. I bought the $10 bundle so now I've got some Steam keys to give away.

Although this is a pretty good price this sometimes goes on sale for $2.99 or cheaper and earlier this year i think i bought like 3 keys for $1.50ish

Great game if you haven't tried it out yet. I'm eagerly anticipating the sequel

Is the DLC worth buying the GOTY edition if you already have the base game?

Damn fun game.

Light combat, but damned fun.

Too bad we'll have to wait for all the microtransaction, treasure box and DLC BS to blow over before the next one will be worth picking up.

Too bad we'll have to wait for all the microtransaction, treasure box and DLC BS to blow over before the next one will be worth picking up.

You know the microtransactions are nothing more than pay to cheat? You don't want to do the side quests to unlock skills or get the good armor, pony up some $$$$.

You know the microtransactions are nothing more than pay to cheat? You don't want to do the side quests to unlock skills or get the good armor, pony up some $$$$.

Pretty much. I have accepted the fact that microtransactions are the way of the future. Everything in life is going to be a microtransaction. It's easier to convince a million people to spend $1 than 100,000 to spend $10.

Pretty much. I have accepted the fact that microtransactions are the way of the future. Everything in life is going to be a microtransaction. It's easier to convince a million people to spend $1 than 100,000 to spend $10.

I'm not sure how successful microtransactions actually are...would be nice to see some stats...I think it's harder to nickel and dime people with microtransactions then get them to pay full price for a game

I'm not sure how successful microtransactions actually are...would be nice to see some stats...I think it's harder to get someone to nicked and dime with microtransactions then get them to pay full price for a game

A lot apparently. https://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/01/l...n-csgo-dota-2-and-world-of-warcraft-combined/

This is from 2015 so it's a bit outdated but I remember reading somewhere that Dota 2 was pulling in $20m/month in cosmetic sales.

https://www.superdataresearch.com/us-digital-games-market/

They updated it and F2P games still top the list.

Path of Exile is an immense game and it is supported entirely on cosmetic microtransactions. It is free to install and play. It is not pay to win in any way. You can entirely beat the game without spending a cent. The microtransactions are simply to vary the look of your character. The game has been going strong for years and has many longtime, repeat supporters. People aren't afraid to cough up a bit of money on occasio, in a non pressured way, to support a game they love. I've paid probably $100 for PoE, which is more than I've paid for any other game. I've probably got a couple thousand hours in the game though and find it worth every penny. It's almost like a donation in way of thanks to the dev team. The cosmetic upgrades look good and are inexpensive. So throwing 2-3 bucks at the game every couple months to buy something that looks cool on your fav char doesn't seem frustrating at all. With the money they generate from the microtransactions they are constantly generating new and varied game content - new maps, new levels, new worlds, minions, skills, uniques etc.

There is a big difference between pay to win and just F2P games with cosmetics. I'm a Dota player and although im garbage at it i've put a couple thousand hours into it and spent at least $200-$300 in cosmetics and compendiums etc. on it.

Path of Exile is an immense game and it is supported entirely on cosmetic microtransactions. It is free to install and play. It is not pay to win in any way. You can entirely beat the game without spending a cent. The microtransactions are simply to vary the look of your character. The game has been going strong for years and has many longtime, repeat supporters. People aren't afraid to cough up a bit of money on occasio, in a non pressured way, to support a game they love. I've paid probably $100 for PoE, which is more than I've paid for any other game. I've probably got a couple thousand hours in the game though and find it worth every penny. It's almost like a donation in way of thanks to the dev team. The cosmetic upgrades look good and are inexpensive. So throwing 2-3 bucks at the game every couple months to buy something that looks cool on your fav char doesn't seem frustrating at all. With the money they generate from the microtransactions they are constantly generating new and varied game content - new maps, new levels, new worlds, minions, skills, uniques etc.
POE is great but most of their sales are for tabs. Great for merchants

Back