Shadow of Modor $37.49 @ Greenmangaming

You can't use credit in conjunction with a voucher, I believe. Which is kind of bullshit to be honest...I was a big fan of GMG at first but I haven't actually bought anything from them in some time.

I never have credit so guess I haven't noticed. :) But even so, those continuous 25% off codes they run usually still make the game cheaper than anywhere else, not counting the shady russian key sites that aren't really a road you want to go down anyway.

Even at the full $50 the game is a no-brainer buy because it's excellent. So if you can get it for $40 with a code that's still a bargain.

Even at the full $50 the game is a no-brainer buy because it's excellent. So if you can get it for $40 with a code that's still a bargain.

If I had paid $60 for this, I'd still be pretty damn satisfied with my purchase.

Got the game + season pass for 25% off.... pure win in my book because I could see some wicked content being added to this game.

Looks like I waited too long. Tried the OCTOBE-R25OFF-GMGXXX and it says unable to add voucher.

Balls.

GMG is a pain. during checkout it asks how you would like to pay...and there is no options.

This game is even more fun after a few hours. The initial learning curve is a little bit steeper than Batman where its more story/level driven, and there's no real clear next thing to do. Even AC generally has kind of a tutorial intro before they let you do what you want, this is pretty much open adventure after the opening story sequence.

But generally if you do the following:

1) Grab towers, for respawns, more quest markers.
2) Do all "white" weapon challenges. This gives you currency to purchase upgrades.
3) Do the "red" Uruk events. This unlocks new ability trees and grants new runes.
4) Do the "yellow" main storyline. This advances the story, gives xp.

Everything gives you experience which unlocks new abilities. Early on its not a bad idea to run if you are swamped and regroup. You really want to unlock some abilities as they make brawling style combat a lot easier. Once you get some reliable finishers and some runes that give you HP back, the combat is a lot more fluid and enjoyable, and taking out Named Orcs is much easier.

Really fun game though, definitely the start of a solid new game franchise, should be good for at least a few more games set in this universe.

I went the steamtrades.com route for picking up this game, got the game and the season pass for $31 total.

I agree with everyone else that the game is fantastic. I'm at 20 hours and I've only done a few story missions. Whenever a red (this orc is doing something bad, go stop him before he gets more powerful) mission comes up, I drop what I'm doing and go do it. First game in a long time that I will without a doubt finish 100%. I also don't buy season passes, but this game is too good not to.

Will a key purchased on GMG work in steam? I've never bought from these guys before.

I preordered Alien Isolation for 20% off and then used the 23% off voucher for the SoM + Season Pass bundle. Normally I don't go in for the season pass nonsense but I have a feeling it'll be good for this game.

[L]imey;1041145113 said:
I went the steamtrades.com route for picking up this game, got the game and the season pass for $31 total.

I agree with everyone else that the game is fantastic. I'm at 20 hours and I've only done a few story missions. Whenever a red (this orc is doing something bad, go stop him before he gets more powerful) mission comes up, I drop what I'm doing and go do it. First game in a long time that I will without a doubt finish 100%. I also don't buy season passes, but this game is too good not to.

Russian copies of the game got region locked at launch, so you got lucky :) Not much help to people looking for a deal now though.

In any case this game is easily worth the full retail price - a rarity in PC games these days - but best deal for a legit key for the game + SP still seems to be GMG. And for people that have never used GMG before, I'd say use Paypal instead of your creditcard - less hassle that way since they're located in the UK.

Last edited:
Love, love this game!!! just spent 4 hours kicking ass, doing story, had most of the chiefs/etc dead, then I go after one of the main guys, and I suddenly have 5 of them on me dying two times in a row... I just lost all 4 hours of progression, minus my upgrades. I am still happy as hell and feel like I accomplished something. I haven't felt this good about a game in a very long time.

Love, love this game!!! just spent 4 hours kicking ass, doing story, had most of the chiefs/etc dead, then I go after one of the main guys, and I suddenly have 5 of them on me dying two times in a row... I just lost all 4 hours of progression, minus my upgrades. I am still happy as hell and feel like I accomplished something. I haven't felt this good about a game in a very long time.

Huh? :) You haven't lost 4 hours of progression from dying a couple times. Dying is part of the game, its not a bad thing. The orcs level up when you die and that means better loot when you finally kill them.

Last edited:
I was all proud that I haven't died since the first hour, then I got into it with 6 caragor... Apparently rangers are quite tasty. Lol... Still, only 2 deaths and being at about 50 completion, I am pleased.

Ugh this site is pissing me off! I couldn't use either my CC or my debit card, and then when I tried to use PP, I had to switch my email to my "primary" PP email address, and they haven't sent the verification email for that in over 20 minutes and I see no option to have them resend it (and yes I checked my spam folder):mad::mad:

Ugh this site is pissing me off! I couldn't use either my CC or my debit card, and then when I tried to use PP, I had to switch my email to my "primary" PP email address, and they haven't sent the verification email for that in over 20 minutes and I see no option to have them resend it (and yes I checked my spam folder):mad::mad:

Did you login and check your purchase history on GMG? It will list every key you're purchased.

Is this deal dead?

GMG always has some deal, it doesn't apply to every game but they are a good bet to get a new/pre-order game at a solid 20-25% discount. It's worth it imo to create an account and get their emails just for this reason.

The current promo is 20% off with this: VBHGBM-JS2VN9-0J5OFM

You may need an account for it to work.

GMG always has some deal, it doesn't apply to every game but they are a good bet to get a new/pre-order game at a solid 20-25% discount. It's worth it imo to create an account and get their emails just for this reason.

The current promo is 20% off with this: VBHGBM-JS2VN9-0J5OFM

You may need an account for it to work.

Used this code last night to grab the game for 20% off, thanks for posting this!

If this is the same as what Amazon is selling with steam activation, screw them.

Online activation is bullshit.

If this is the same as what Amazon is selling with steam activation, screw them.

Online activation is bullshit.

Its a SteamWorks game, no matter where you buy it from it requires the use of Steam.

DO i need a xbox controller or KB/M is fine?
I was afraid that this was going to need a full controller but I was pleasantly surprised with my KB/M experience.

I am very very impressed with the game. It looks beautiful and runs smooth as silk on a GTX760 @1080p, max everything I believe.

The combat learning curve is slighly hard at first, but I believe that just forces one to use stealth more, which is great. I love stealth games. The stealth in this game is great - its not annoyingly hardcore but it really pays off if you use it correctly.

I play with ESDF vs WASD (why this is not the standard is beyond me) I use q for quickshot, w for wraith stun, r for execute and v for wraith blast.

I found that as I got more used to (got better at) large group fights, instead of trying to block and/or doge, I mostly just vault over orcs with spacebar (going after the big ones with shields and/or berzerkers first) hit them in the back, and block other incoming attacks with counter attacks. The vault stun skill makes this work even better.

:facedesk:

I know man, logging into steam is a pretty ridiculous thing to have to do after downloading the entire massive game off the internet.

/s

Online activation isn't a big deal, it's been around for ages and will continue to be. The only problems arise from always-on DRM like what the new simcity had, especially when the servers can't handle the load. I don't even consider this online activation, you get a code from either amazon or green man and you redeem it on steam where you proceed to download it. It's a pretty massive game too, I have 50mb internet and it still took me a good while @7MB/s

Now my interest has peaked for this and I'm ready to buy, but both codes aren't working :(

This game runs like shit on my setup. Absolute waste of money. Dual 680's can't run a game that looks like it was made in 2011?

Fear 3 profile my butt... I haven't been this disappointed in a long time (gaming-wise that is)...

This game runs like shit on my setup. Absolute waste of money. Dual 680's can't run a game that looks like it was made in 2011?

Fear 3 profile my butt... I haven't been this disappointed in a long time (gaming-wise that is)...

It runs smooth on my 670's so I'd say something is set up wrong on your end somewhere.

AFR2 apparently works better for SLI.

Back