SG05/DFI P55-T36... what aftermarket cooler can I use

Skids1

Gawd
SG05/DFI P55-T36... what aftermarket cooler can I use? I have a i7 processor in it and a 5850 for a video card. Just got it loaded up last night with Win7 on an Intel 80GB SSD. Awaiting the 2GB WD drive I picked up and hoping to order a better cooler for it so I do not have to strip it down more then I have to.

Thanks in advance. :)

You're in luck! I'm testing now at sffclub.com I would have published it but my motherboard broke when using the H50 cooler (again see www.sffclub.com) on this.

I'm using the GeminII S with slim fan, NT06 no fan, stock Intel, and Corsair H50 in my test. All of those fit. I'm guessing the GeminII S will win but who knows at this point. The stock won't hold overclocking.

There is also the CooIIT which is like the H50..both nice and fit.

When using this cooler does it take out the option of a 3.5 inch drive, also which slim fan do you recommend? Thanks for the reply dude.. i had already looked at your review on SFFclub :)

Sorry, I forgot to mention that...with the H50 if really limits you to only the 2.5in. Using the 3.5in is hard with any config but it can be used along with the other coolers I mentioned including the NT06.

Slim fan...hmm, I have scythe slim fan I think? I'll look when I get home tomorrow...PM me, email me (see FAQ on sffclub), or post on the sffclub forums if I forget.

Steeve, when using the H50, can you lay (adhere) the 3.5" hddrive on the floor of the case?

Hmm, I'll have to check on that..I'd doubt it but I've been shocked before. Let me get back to you tonight.

I tried, not enough space the rad/fan go all the way down to the floor, besides there is some hole for an screw raised that prevents from installing anything there

You're in luck! I'm testing now at sffclub.com I would have published it but my motherboard broke when using the H50 cooler (again see www.sffclub.com) on this.

I'm using the GeminII S with slim fan, NT06 no fan, stock Intel, and Corsair H50 in my test. All of those fit. I'm guessing the GeminII S will win but who knows at this point. The stock won't hold overclocking.

There is also the CooIIT which is like the H50..both nice and fit.
Does the NT06 need an adapter to fit LGA 1156?

Back