SG03 with abit of extra

akromatic

Limp Gawd
here is something bad as

So.... here it is....(warning lots of pics)

This is the case:note internals are bare Alu
http://www.silverstonetek.com/produc...area=usa(quick)

These are what will go inside it:

Rampage II Gene and Intel's Core i7 920
image178.jpg

2x MSI's Ati Radeon HD5870 in crossfire
image176.jpg

Seasonic X-750
image177.jpg

Various cooling fans
image180.jpg

Western Digital 640GB black + 2x 60GB OCz Vertex
image175.jpg

Bitspower CCFL (white) with sound sensitive module + 6GB Gskill DDR3 1333mhz kit + Corsair H50, not pictured

Vertex(s) mounted on Scythe's bay rafter in an HDD cage:
image182.jpg

Custom side window, laser cut:
image1lyl.jpg

image1wjw.jpg

image203.jpg

Made myself a little extra something:
image1hxh.jpg

image1bcb.jpg

Ok... back to the rig

Here is the motherboard with things installed:
image174.jpg

image179.jpg

the NB gets fairly hot so i've added a 40mm fan mounted with silicon fan mounts

Here is the mobo installed in the case: love the black paint mod, makes it all sexy
image1iwi.jpg

Graphics cards: note how they just fit with the slim Scythe 120mm fan
image184.jpg

image186.jpg

Cathods with precableing/cable management: all must be done prior to PSU installation
image187.jpg

PSU installed + overview:
image188.jpg

image189.jpg

image190.jpg

image1flf.jpg

Update on cables
image2yjy.jpg

More pictures of externals:

front
image193.jpg

right side
image194.jpg

back side
image196.jpg

back with handle now in place
image204.jpg

left side
image192.jpg

Rig sitting in a bookshelf: valcro acts like a hinge and i can open the window any direction i want and acess the sound sensitive module, without internal lighting turned on it looks like an ordinary black panel
image198.jpg

Front with doors open: moded a cathod light switch in the 3.25" bay and a micro bluetooth dongle in front
image199.jpg

Shots with cathod on: can't take a decent pic due to the camera angle and case position, more/stronger internal lighting would give a better result (more on that in future)
image208.jpg

image200.jpg

image201.jpg

Desk shot: Asus Xonaur U1 was M.I.A. from the shot
image153.jpg

Abit of eyefinity action:

DMC4
image205.jpg

NFS: Shift
image206.jpg

image207.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet setup there... I see you're an Asus fan ;)

You definitely need a third monitor for some of that Eyefinity action and a Sidewinder mouse would be more awesome :)

I am doing a push-pull setup with my H50 though for better cooling, have you considered doing that as well? That metal grille (is for fans) you attached to the radiator is pointless and probably hurts more than it helps.

Sweet setup there... I see you're an Asus fan ;)

You definitely need a third monitor for some of that Eyefinity action and a Sidewinder mouse would be more awesome :)

I am doing a push-pull setup with my H50 though for better cooling, have you considered doing that as well? That metal grille (is for fans) you attached to the radiator is pointless and probably hurts more than it helps.

not exactly an asus fan but i just got what is the best available option at the time and so happen its asus

did considered push pull but unfortunately the power conecter on the motherboard wouldnt allow it unless i use 2x scythe slim fans instead

the grill has its purpose as to prevent damage to the rad(rad guard), before i had the grill there the cables bent a few of the fins during installation

as for mouse, it is a sidewinder X8

Last edited:
Didn't see the X8 there heh.

Why wouldn't your motherboard allow it? In the alternative, just attach then directly to the PSU. I'm using 2 Scythe S-Flex fans for the H50 and the Scythe Slip Stream slim for the intake.

Also, just curious but how much clearance does your radiator have over your RAM? I want to put my Dominator memory fans, but they look like a tight fit (especially with push-pull).

Didn't see the X8 there heh.

Why wouldn't your motherboard allow it? In the alternative, just attach then directly to the PSU. I'm using 2 Scythe S-Flex fans for the H50 and the Scythe Slip Stream slim for the intake.

Also, just curious but how much clearance does your radiator have over your RAM? I want to put my Dominator memory fans, but they look like a tight fit (especially with push-pull).

the motherboard power connecter(cable from PSU) gets in the way of fiting another fan, perhaps its different to Evga

ram has plenty of clearance, not an issue there

the motherboard power connecter(cable from PSU) gets in the way of fiting another fan, perhaps its different to Evga

ram has plenty of clearance, not an issue there

My EVGA board only has 4 fan headers... I believe the pump goes to the CPU fan, so that leaves 3 headers for 3 fans, so I am set... however are you sure you can't just attach another modular MOLEX cable to your X750 and connect it directly to another fan?

My EVGA board only has 4 fan headers... I believe the pump goes to the CPU fan, so that leaves 3 headers for 3 fans, so I am set... however are you sure you can't just attach another modular MOLEX cable to your X750 and connect it directly to another fan?

i believe you misunderstood me

the 24pin mobo power connecter gets in the way of the second fan hence you cant install it

there is plenty of fan headers on board

the rampage 2 gene has 5 fan headers, CPU is used by the H50 stock fan so its is thermal controlled

Pump has to run on full so its on OPT_fan1 (pump speed = 1400rpm)

OPT_fan2 is used by the NB cooler, evga has a larger NB sink so i dont think it will run as hot as the rampage

ones is for the PSU extractor fan and another for scythe slim, the slot blower is connected to molex

i believe you misunderstood me

the 24pin mobo power connecter gets in the way of the second fan hence you cant install it

there is plenty of fan headers on board

the rampage 2 gene has 5 fan headers, CPU is used by the H50 stock fan so its is thermal controlled

Pump has to run on full so its on OPT_fan1 (pump speed = 1400rpm)

OPT_fan2 is used by the NB cooler, evga has a larger NB sink so i dont think it will run as hot as the rampage

ones is for the PSU extractor fan and another for scythe slim, the slot blower is connected to molex

Oh I see, the EVGA has it in roughly the same position. I'll see if it works out.

My rig is up and running but, I need to do some diagnosis on some whine coming from the system. Also, the Northbridge is running at 80C+... this SG03 won't do for cooling purposes. I'm getting a Box ("Da Box") and turning this case into something a bit different.

My rig is up and running but, I need to do some diagnosis on some whine coming from the system. Also, the Northbridge is running at 80C+... this SG03 won't do for cooling purposes. I'm getting a Box ("Da Box") and turning this case into something a bit different.

which is why i added a fan to the NB, i think every SFF i7 setup requires a NB cooling fan

totally nothing wrong with the SG03

Da Box is a nice case to use sadly getting one over here will cost me alot

My VRM is also at 65+C.... no easy way to cool these components on the EVGA unfortunately. I'm going to get a HR-05 IFX for my NB.

Wow, its soooo cute case... your case is better than Xb360 case, I am right? so i am consider to get SG03 in 2010.

Back