SG-05 ATX mod

voklskier4452

2[H]4U
Okay so I plan on installing an X560w Seasonic PSU in my SG-05. Was wondering if anyone had any images of someone else doing this. google really comes up with some mention of a member here doing it but all those images are gone. I will post pictures of my progress but I was curious if anyone else has done it and has pictures/advice.

I dont know of anyone who has done that particular psu, but it should be pretty similar to any other atx mod.

I put step by step directions in one of the recent threads in this subforum and can take some pics when i get back to my house on mon night (or im sure someone else could take pics of their mod as well). Its really pretty straightforward :)

Length is most definitely an issue with this PSU.. I am going to end up having the PSU stick out the back. It's pretty much unavoidable with this setup.

nexus made a very short powersupply that i seen used in a sg05 mod long ago. problem is the wires also need to be shortened as well

Jen

Alright finished making my cuts. I need to make a bracket to support the PSU but I am most of the way done now
2011-05-21160910.jpg

2011-05-21160833.jpg

nice man! I completely trashed an sg05 making custom cuts for my WCing build, lets hope you dont do the same

It'll be interesting to see how far out the back it will stick out.

How far it will stick out is pretty much dependent on how compressed I can make the H60 tubing. Kind of regretting not getting the kuhler 620 with its rubber tubing but I'll make do with the H60. The other issue is going to be the wiring until I shorten up the cables there is just way to much wiring to hide.

Back