SFX psu's in itx builds

Shadowarez

Gawd
Hi all trying to figure why this Phanteks case won't work with a corsair sf 600 sfx PSU do I need to buy a universal PSU plate? I have a Phanteks Enthoo evolve itx case.

there is no advantage to using an sfx power supply when a cheaper atx variant will fit.

but yes in order to use an sfx power supply you'd need a custom plate.

it's because an sfx power supply needs a smaller hole it'll just fall out of the back of the case.

There are ATX to SFX adapter plates available on Thingiverse, you could have someone print one out for you if you want to use the smaller power supply.

SFX PSUs are really designed for SFF cases.

These ITX mini towers are not SFF cases. They are just mATX/ATX cases with some taken off the top, and are made for full size components.

You might also need extensions cables for your SFX PSU. That was a problem with the similar Fractal Define Nano S.

Yeah I ended up with a Evga 1000 P2 in there. I'll save this PSU for a truly SFF build then. Like the one Linus did. Valka I think it was. Ty all for clearing it up.

The Velka 3 used a Flex ATX power supply.

If I had an sfx unit I would look at the nouvolo steck, the Dan A4, Ncase, ect. Or something interesting from Taobao, on second thought yeah nevermind haha

Back