SFX and 3080

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
Currently, I have a Corsair SF600. Do you think this will be enough for a 3080 along with my 10700 (non-K)? My initial thoughts are that it should be seeing as the card shouldn't draw more than 350W and the CPU never more than 150W or so. The only other things I have in the setup are a M.2 drive and a tower HSF.

Realistically, the only other option right now is the Silverstone 700W SFX platinum. The Corsair SF750 is about as hard to find at MSRP as a 3080.

It's not the average full power that is the problem, but massive spikes. If it's in good condition, it'll probably do fine. If you're on the edge, you can probably underclock/undervolt a bit with an unnoticeable reduction of FPS.

It's not the average full power that is the problem, but massive spikes. If it's in good condition, it'll probably do fine. If you're on the edge, you can probably underclock/undervolt a bit with an unnoticeable reduction of FPS.

It's practically brand new. I just picked it up over the summer. I'll probably roll with it unless I have issues. No need to spend $175 for no reason.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
I'm in the same boat as you. Been looking for an SF750 for months.

Thankfully, the results with the SF600 look promising:

If you haven't seen it, Hardware Canucks used our SX700-PT (700W 80 PLUS Platinum) for a SFF build
Awesome, didn't realize Silverstone had SFX PSUs now. I assumed they were still SFX-L. Will have to check the SX700-PT out.

Sad to hear this, that means our marketing is doing a poor job! SilverStone has more SFX PSU models in its lineup than any other brand in the world!
https://www.silverstonetek.com/product_power.php?tno=7&tb=116
Could just be my subconscious since my last Silverstone PSU was a SFX-L model. Currently in the market for something with a little more power to replace my SF600. SF750 is sold out everywhere and I wasn't aware of the SX-700-PT, which looks like a nice little unit. FPS Review seems to think highly of it also.

I ended up just putting the 3080 in my other full size computer and giving the SFF one to my GF. 850W in this one.

Back