SFF to run XP with VGA?

Valnar

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a MAME cocktail cabinet which a special load of Windows XP on a Zotac ITX board. It's an Intel E8400. VGA to a 19" CRT.

I'd love to replace it with something even smaller, but not as small as a Raspberry Pi! It needs to have drivers that support Windows XP as well as a VGA port. Speed of CPU and video card is probably irrelevant, although a 1st gen Atom might be pushing it.

So couple questions:
* What are the latest/last generations of Intel chipsets that support Windows XP?
* I know the NUC's are all HDMI/DP, so is there something slightly older that is between an ITX and NUC in size which will run XP? Proprietary doesn't bother me.
* Any integrated audio + one SATA port is all I need. 'Already have a 2.5" SSD for everything.

Thanks.

I don't think there is anything from intel between itx and nuc, size wise.I think the sandy bridge/ivy bridge might still have xp drivers (2nd/3rd gen core I think). Go and have a look on the intel support site to see if they have xp drivers for any of the nucs. Or run just run XP in a VM :)
As for vga, I have a mini display port to vga dongle for my ultrabook, should work fine with a nuc too!

Last edited:
Check out Dell FX160s they can be had cheap on ebay in a myriad of configurations, a friend re-purposed one of these to run XP off the HDD for some legacy HW/SW.

Back