SFF Dual 3090 RTX dual CPU 1.5TB ram... and quiet

Sick build man, I'm guessing your computer workload is why you didn't go for 3175x build instead?

What level of Raid are you using for the 4x 860 4tb drives? I thought using Raid with SSDs was not recommended?
Raid 0, I have multiple redundant copies of the data and when I run it of the raid speed is more important (as well as singular volume size) raid has worked without issues for me on ssd for several years, just don’t use qlc

Last edited:
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed a Mac Pro in the picture! I've got a 2019 Mac Pro and previously had the trashcan as well.
I did update my Mac pro trash can as far as I could; 12 cores, 4tb nvme, 128gb of ram, and it’s the one with the dual d700 video cards.

Last edited:
Super off-topic but I'm super curious: so what does the computer actually do with NN NLP etc? Do you run a program in the background and hit start, sort of like a Folding@Home type of deal? Or is there a lot more to it?

Super off-topic but I'm super curious: so what does the computer actually do with NN NLP etc? Do you run a program in the background and hit start, sort of like a Folding@Home type of deal? Or is there a lot more to it?
While I actually have 3 full time jobs but I also am a full time student; my dissertation is on algorithms for medical imaging processing to identify data library repetitive identification such pulmonary embolisms at a higher accuracy than a general radiologist. A long way to go, but some progress. The trouble is that image data isn’t labeled ‘as ‘example of (insert) known structure”. Then there is training data and there’s verification data (everyone in the room is put to sleep). So yes, it does somewhat what you asked.

did I mention the pc is great at surfing the net?

it also lets me play games at max candy and resolution settings. Except my idea of max eye candy doesn’t includef stupid stuff like DLSS (why buy a 4K,5k, or 8k monitor just to run at 1080 and 1440?) Filmgrain...WHY? or dynamic scaling... again why play at a lower resolution?
usually I play at 4K, max everything, except DLSS, no higher than TAA, max effects, no vignette, no DOF, no motion blur, etc - just max visuals

so I use the pc for dissertation, Games, work, games, email, web, games and being posting in this forum

Glass legs? Living dangerously, I see.
Austin powers: "Danger is my middle name"

They are shaped and formed into L angles. it doesn't rock or move. The legs rest on clear rubber pads with felt for the floor and the desktop sits on the clear rubber pads between the desk and the legs.

Back