SF Bay: AMD A8 3870K and nosebleed 9/9 Giants vs Dodgers ticket for $71.25

KarateBob

Gawd
Buy an (overpriced) Giants ticket, get a free AMD CPU
AMD (NYSE: AMD) and the San Francisco Giants invite baseball and technology fans alike to experience the AMD Fast Pitch PC Zone on Sunday, September 9th at AT&T Park. Fans attending this special event will receive a free AMD A-Series accelerated processing unit (APU) and promotional offers from computer and electronics e-retailer Newegg.com. Several PC and gaming experts will be on hand to help train interested participants on how to build a cost-effective home PC or home theater PC. Fans attending the special event will also witness what is very likely to be a pivotal divisional contest between the hometown Giants and arch-rival Los Angeles Dodgers.

Says you can meet Anand Lai Shimpi from Anandtech and get a free A8 3870K

Press release: http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pages/amd-san-francisco-giants-2012aug24.aspx
Buy ticket(s): http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/sf/ticketing/group_special_events.jsp#amd

Thats a good price for a ticket with a free cpu. Winning teams always have higher ticket prices, nose bleed or not.

3870k...doesnt sound like 3770k or anything like that :rolleyes:

The 3870k came out December 26st, 2011. The 3770k came out April 23rd, 2012. So if you're implying that AMD named their product in a way that would make it appear to be superior to the 3770k... well... probably not.

hmmm maybe in for 3..
would this be an ok htpc proc? my brother's needed a new comp for awhile (has a pos 2.8 P4 rig). just need a mobo and a nice ssd...

the MB's are cheap and the procs are great for HTPC and low end gaming use. Enjoy!

hmmm maybe in for 3..
would this be an ok htpc proc? my brother's needed a new comp for awhile (has a pos 2.8 P4 rig). just need a mobo and a nice ssd...

Thats pretty much what they are best for. Cheap, decently fast, and a a decent GPU as far as onboard goes. You can get a decent mATX board (like this) to pair with it for around $60. Toss in a cheap stick of DDR3 and you've got a nice little platform for $150.

Thats a good price for a ticket with a free cpu. Winning teams always have higher ticket prices, nose bleed or not.

Also depends who they're playing, and the Dodger's being a rival definitely commands the bigger ticket prices. Go to a game where they play Houston or some other team in the basement and you'll find ticket prices for good seats are on par with nose bleed section seats these games.

the ballpark is pretty nice. far better than the oakland one at least. one of the better ones in all of baseball.

Hmm.. I guess this is a win-win if you are a Giants fan. Can always sell the CPU therefore be enough to pay for the ticket, parking, gas, beer, and garlic fries.

If anybody going would like to sell their's for a good price, I'm in the market...

if anyone needs 2 of these cpus ill go. you just pay for the tickets and shipping for the cpus. win-win i get to see a Giants game free with a friend, and you get your $120 cpu for 70 bux each.

They are actually $109 at NE right now.

i7/i5 "k" were out way before the new A series from AMD. The fact that both "k" editions are the "unlocked" version means AMD did copy. They used to call them Black Editions which is a term I like a lot better than "k".

prices went up $2.50 to $73.75
Code:
Type     Section     Row     Seat     Price
AMD     VR333     10     16     $60.00
Per Ticket Convenience Fee ($10.25 per ticket)     $10.25
Total Convenience Fee for 1 Ticket:     $10.25
Price for 1 Ticket:     $70.25

TDC Per Order Fee:     $3.50
Current Amount Due:     $73.75

price dropped to $58.50 with the $2.50 will call fee.

Code:
Event
Dodgers at Giants
Sunday, 9/9/12, 5:06PM PDT
AT&T PARK, SAN FRANCISCO, CA San Francisco, CA

Type	Section	Row	Seat	Price
AMD	 VR334	13	20	 $45.00
Per Ticket Convenience Fee ($7.50 per ticket)	 $7.50
Total Convenience Fee for 1 Ticket:	$7.50
Price for 1 Ticket:	$52.50
TDC Per Order Fee:	$3.50
Delivery (if applicable):	$2.50
Total Amount Due:	$58.50

Wow...if I hadn't already bought tickets to the 49ers home opener the same date/time, I would be all over this. :(

I know a Giants season ticket holder, wonder if she can finagle me a CPU.... :D

Back