Sexy but "can it run Crysis"?

Tobit

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2010/May 2011
AORUS Z690 Master spotted: LGA1700 socket, DDR5, PCIe 5.0 slots teased

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/8219...-socket-ddr5-pcie-5-0-slots-teased/index.html

-spotted-lga1700-socket-ddr5-pcie-5-0-slots-teased.jpg

Further down in the article they mention that one of the other variants will support DDR4. The Alder Lake chips are supposed to have the hybrid low-power cores alongside high-power cores design, correct? I wonder if that will cause issues with memory compatibility or if we'll see weird motherboards with 2 DDR4 and 2 DDR5 slots in this generation.

Further down in the article they mention that one of the other variants will support DDR4. The Alder Lake chips are supposed to have the hybrid low-power cores alongside high-power cores design, correct? I wonder if that will cause issues with memory compatibility or if we'll see weird motherboards with 2 DDR4 and 2 DDR5 slots in this generation.
I posted an article a few weeks ago about this, there will be either DDR4 or DDR5 boards.. no hybrids.

Nothing can run Crysis because it was designed for dual core CPUs. The game engine was built at a time when people thought Pentium 4s would scale up to 10GHz and RDRAM would drive high bandwidth memory requirements.

Back