Sexiest of the 3 next gen consoles?

digiram

[H]ard|Gawd
My pick goes to the Revolution.

What's your pick? BTW, could someone explain how I can add a poll to a thread?

i say revolution if thts the final design, although i would have gone with 360 if it wasnt for the color scheme...if it was black or metallic gray it be the sleekest. i dig the diff colors though for the revo...i'd go with the green or red just to make it stick out on my desk

It's too late now, but when you're creating the thread, near the bottom these is the option (checkbox) of putting in a poll.

My pick number 1: Revolution. Easily the best looking, and the most HT-centre friendly.
Pick number 2: X-Box 360. Not original in any way (hello iMAC 360) but it looks OK
Pick number 3: www.ps3grill.com (not sure how anyone can vote well on the Spiderman 3)

Edit: Bench, they said they're going to shrink it if possible, and make it 'sleeker' if possible, however that said, I don't think the design change will be drastic. It will probably be similar to what they did with the DS. PS Bench, is that you? You posted in a respectful manner! :eek: lol j/k

:) they did say that although i dunno how theyd manage with tht kinda heat from all tht hardware...the only think tht would be weird is tht the control ports is on another side from the front..or the control port is the front? plus making it stand with the controllers in

All the next-gen consoles look really good but in terms of being "sexy" I've gotta vote for the Revolution. I bet it'll look even better when it's released too since they say they'll be shrinking it down even further.

I'm gonna miss the Gamecube's handle *sniff*.

Rev
Xbox2 (not a fan of the hour glass look)
ps3 its ok, seems like a bloated ps2

Revolution - Just gotta love the size and finish.
Xbox360 - Nice design, bad colour scheme.
Playstation 3 - Ugh. Too freaking bloated. Looks like a PS2 that put on a few too many pounds.

revolution - Small, nice look, has a psp finish to it.
xbox360 - shape is cool, much better than the original, but make it black or grey.
ps3 - More I see the thing, more I dislike it. The ps2 and the slim ps2 look so good then some how they come up with this thing. The design baffles me.

i don't understand, who cares if it looks like a piss of shit, you're not going on a date with it.. All that matters are the games!

mjz_5 said:
i don't understand, who cares if it looks like a piss of shit, you're not going on a date with it.. All that matters are the games!

Games are secondary, graphics and aesthetics come first ;)

I pick the Revolution as well.

1.Revolution for sleek conserviteasm

2.Xbox360 For cool Concave action

3.Playstation 3 is last because of the bloatedness, plus whats with the spiderman font?

1. Revolution - small, HT-friendly, many different colours.
2. PS3 - it's quite bloated, though the design isn't that bad, the weird curve looks just 'wrong'.
3. XBox 360 - Looks like someone took a sledgehammer to a midi-tower, then put on a designer front.

The Revolution wins this easily, as I'm sure that everyone can agree.

The 360 and PS3 fight for second, because they both have things that I like and things that I think look retarded.

1. Xbox 360 ( love the new look, and the controller owns! )
2. Revolution ( small and sleek, but it looks like an external HDD )
3. Playstation 3 ( Looks like the BOSE home theater reciever...and a grille! The controller is ugly as hell too! And WTF is up with the dual penetrating dild0 controller? )

Revolution since I like minimalism and sleekness. Xbox360 looks a lot better than the current tank, but I hate its color scheme.

PS3 - guess they're trying to break away from rectangular boxes with the curve. I don't like it.

I never have bought Nintendo consoles (and probably never will, hardcore MS fan), but I greatly admire the simplicity and attractiveness of the Revolution's svelt design. ;)

Revolution is the sleakest

PS3 is nothing radical but the look doesn't bother me or excite me

Xbox 360 looks like a dvd player from 1995 painted white and bashed in the center

ps3 looks pretty good, but not as cool as 360, also the controller looks ridiculous

revolution looks like a cable modem ;)

Tie between Revolution and Xbox 360. I really like the designs for both. I don't see why everyone is hammering on the color scheme of the Xbox 360. I like it.

PS3 comes in dead last. What the hell was Sony smoking when they decided on this design?

Got some pics for those who need their memory refreshed.

PS3
e3-2005-ps3-official-20050516053247390.jpg

Xbox 360
11159138581uU03VBH2J_1_2_l.jpg

Revolution
e3-2005-high-res-revolution-images-20050517100456459.jpg

i say the 360 wins hands down since thats how it will most likely look like. revolution gets a close second just because i have a feeling there will be changes to it. ps3 is a distant third. not very appealing and does anyone else think the ps3 controller somewhat looks like a pc gamepad microsoft released a while ago?

o0akoni0o said:
i say the 360 wins hands down since thats how it will most likely look like. revolution gets a close second just because i have a feeling there will be changes to it. ps3 is a distant third. not very appealing and does anyone else think the ps3 controller somewhat looks like a pc gamepad microsoft released a while ago?

Your right, the Revolution will change for its final design, it will be SMALLER.

retardedchicken said:
Your right, the Revolution will change for its final design, it will be SMALLER.
they are also taking press and consumer input on the final design. if they make a clear one with blue leds inside...

ryanrule said:
they are also taking press and consumer input on the final design. if they make a clear one with blue leds inside...

Wheres the Gen[M]ay :drool: smiley when you need it :(

retardedchicken said:

It will be smaller, but didn't they mention that if you wanted to watch DVDs on it...it required an add-on?

Still, I think the smallness of it adds to its neatness factor.

I can totally see the Xbox360 standing upright on my desk next to the Revolution.

Tiny said:
It will be smaller, but didn't they mention that if you wanted to watch DVDs on it...it required an add-on?

Still, I think the smallness of it adds to its neatness factor.

I can totally see the Xbox360 standing upright on my desk next to the Revolution.

They said it would be an internal add-on I believe

why do consoles strive to look sexy? do people want to have sex with them? I want it to look professional. I like the look of the revolution the most.

slowbiz said:
why do consoles strive to look sexy? do people want to have sex with them?

yea, who doesnt wanna tap a console every now and then?! are you gay!???

I like the revolution the best, looks the most sexually satisfying :D

sabrewolf732 said:
dont we all? imo, xbox looks pumped up on plastic surgery tho, revolution has a natural look.

The synthetic console looks more natural...alright.

Revolution :O The xbox 360 is nothing original at all. In my IT lab at school I noticed how the Dell's in the classroom bear resemblence to the xbox360 (that shold be the other way around) because they both have that curve on the front, and a similar looking power button in the same area.

retardedchicken said:
They said it would be an internal add-on I believe

An internal add-on? Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron?

The revolution looks like a hardedged rectangle powerbook battery, I don't see how you guys think that is great.

Back