Sex Toys Are Being Mailed To Strangers, And Amazon Doesn't Know How

But you could say something like, "I hope I get a butt plug free." You could certainly say that. It might not come easily, but you could say it.
My butt's always plug free, maybe that's just me.

My current feeling is it is someone testing a hacking method. They are breaking the system somehow and mailing out packages to people which may look like a prank but it's systematic testing.

There are a number of forms of fraud where companies will actually give things away or try to make fake orders. The idea is to prove that they are having growth or volume so they can acquire loans. In order to create legitimacy they have to do it through a large third party like newegg or amazon. Then the records are used to convince a bank or government agency to give them a big loan. Sometimes they might actually be trying to make a company go, others they will quickly move the money around and hide it and disappear. It is my understanding that this is a big problem in Asia where governments are doing heavy subsidizing to create industries. I think for most companies selling some normal product most people don't say anything they just keep it. But when it starts to be sex toys and relationships can be ruined by paranoid partners someone had a vested interest in proving it was not ordered.

There are a number of forms of fraud where companies will actually give things away or try to make fake orders. The idea is to prove that they are having growth or volume so they can acquire loans. In order to create legitimacy they have to do it through a large third party like newegg or amazon. Then the records are used to convince a bank or government agency to give them a big loan. Sometimes they might actually be trying to make a company go, others they will quickly move the money around and hide it and disappear. It is my understanding that this is a big problem in Asia where governments are doing heavy subsidizing to create industries. I think for most companies selling some normal product most people don't say anything they just keep it. But when it starts to be sex toys and relationships can be ruined by paranoid partners someone had a vested interest in proving it was not ordered.

This sounds more plausible. It's easier to scam white collar laws than mugging someone in the hood. Although sending unsolicited stuff to people isn't a crime. Now a' days, sex is a crime... but not mailing a sex toy.

Why doesnt this kind of shit ever happen to me? I dont have any luck. *sigh*

She didn't say anything quite like this, but a local radio DJ here in the US said last week that her parents have been receiving dozens of packages from Amazon. Things like usb chargers, fans, and various other electronic items. Once again, Amazon doesn't know how or how to stop.

Last year got a 1TB Seagate portable usb drive out of the blue from Amazon. I kept it and use it occasionally.

Well, I suppose there are worse things to get in the mail. I'm going to pick up a new multimeter today that I ordered, so I guess we'll see if I'm checking AMPS or being AMPED.

Don't be silly...there is not such thing as a free butt plug.

"Free" with Amazon ads. You will be notified of sales and deals from Amazon from an "internal speaker". Also, bluetooth headphones so you can pair up to your butt plug and stream from Amazon Prime Music.

It's not just sex toys. All sorts of cheap trinkets get purchased with gift cards and fake accounts and mailed to strangers.

There is one family that made the news here in Boston for all the junk they receive from Amazon. Stupid shit, like $4 USB powered personal fans and stuff like that.

It's a common technique to fake Amazon's review system. They create fake accounts, buy their own cheap shit and send it to a random address. The address doesn't matter as long as it gets delivered. Then they get to place a "verified purchase" review for 5 stars. Repeat a few thousand times and you game the system, and hopefully make up the seed money for these fake reviews in increased sales.

recently I got several items shipped to me "shipped by amazon" which I didnt order. Most were worthless, though I did get one thing worth enough to sell on ebay.

This is not uncommon. They don't know why or how they're being shipped.

But the packages have stopped coming lately. I read an article about an old guy in Michigan getting tons of free loot from amazon.

Back