Severe Local Area Connection Problem!

GeForceX

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey networking experts. I'm in a dire need of help. I need to get this figured out before I return the PC back to the owner by tomorrow. Any input would greatly be appreciated. I formatted a PC with Windows XP Pro, the PC is a 2500+ Athlon XP with a Leadtek WinFast KNRC-- something motherboard which has an onboard 10/100 LAN ethernet. Here's the most curiously messed up thing-- there isn't any Local Area Connection settings/icon. I can't connect to the internet without the Local Area Network icon. But, I do have a 1394 FireWire connection enabled (and firewalled-- if that matters). The motherboard is an nForce 2 chipset and I did install the drivers that came with it. I just can't get *anything* to come up on my networking adapters besides the 1394. What is going on? I have never gone through that problem before either. Help, serious! :(

-GeForceX

Goto the Leadtek webpage and download/install the ethernet drivers first.

If that does not fix the problem go into the BIOS of the system (usually by pressing F2 during the inital startup) and double check to make sure that the on-board ethernet adapter is set to active.

Good luck!

like others have said, download drivers.
windows xp doesnt have every single driver out there
my board needed drivers from the mobo manufacturer's site

-Robert

Thank you people. Got it fixed. However, downloading the drivers wasn't the case, it was my BIOS with LAN disabled. :-P

-CHoLie.

Back