Seven Minutes of 'Batman: Arkham Knight' Gameplay

Can't wait for* the PC port with GameWorks enhancements. :p

Batman: Arkham Knight will support Turbulence, Environmental PhysX, Volumetric Lights, FaceWorks and Rain Effects.

* all the complaints about

I found a picture of the voice actor:

P485009

^^ So I'm not the only who found the voice....annoying.

has to be better then the last movie in the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy (Dark Knight Rises)

Not sure what to think after seeing that. Maybe GTA5 burnout is a factor in thinking "meh".

GTA5 and Witcher 3 are tough acts to follow for any game but I hope it does well anyway.

It's the same voice actor who's done batman since 1992, 23 years is an awful long time to be annoyed.

Is it Kevin Conroy? I thought he quit being batman a year ago or so.

Let me guess, you like to jump into the crowds and mash one button?

lol. Not everyone likes button combos. Though as fighting games go, this is still easier to learn and keep up with.

That being said, after Colonial Marines, I take it to NEVER trust "gameplay footage," no matter who it comes from.

Is it Kevin Conroy? I thought he quit being batman a year ago or so.

It was Hamill who quit voicing The Joker. Conroy's just been letting other actors voice Batman every so often. A game like Arkham Knight requires his voice for nostalgia bucks. But yeah, he sounds a touch different at times in this trailer.

I am happy they got someone new/better to voice Ivy, though. Her voices thus far have been terrible.

I thought they both quit, Conroy a bit after Hamil left Joker. But that's cool. Conroy is a fuckin' awesome Batman.

I thought they both quit, Conroy a bit after Hamil left Joker. But that's cool. Conroy is a fuckin' awesome Batman.

Hamill has the new Star Wars movie to fall back on...Conroy needs to continue to voice Batman

It's the same voice actor who's done batman since 1992, 23 years is an awful long time to be annoyed.

Really? It didn't sound like him. It sounds more forced.

Yep still him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbg9Bqsvifg

That being said I was impressed with the guy who did young Batman in Arkham Origins (middle of the road as that game was), he basically sounded exactly the same as Conroy did 20 years ago.

Is it just me or if you compare this video with the gameplay video in the OP where he says the line "or I will crush every bone in your body" they seem different? It sounds like the OP gameplay video sped up the line in post production (possibly for syncing reasons) which makes it seem off.

Nah, it's probably just a different take. The slower one sounds much better though...

That being said, after Colonial Marines, I take it to NEVER trust "gameplay footage," no matter who it comes from.

Rocksteady released 2 games that set standards for super hero games. All 3 Batman games so far are nothing but stellar. Even though Origins was not by them, but I'm sure they had the same art directors, these games are nothing but pure quality and they proved that they're worthy developers compared to that snake oil Randy Shitford. I was burned by Aliens as well, but Rocksteady is a studio I trust to release quality products.

The Arkham series have been some of my favorite games. The combat can get a bit stale if you let it. But it is pretty satisfying once you figure out how to string combos together and throw some gadgets into the mix. I guess the big new thing in this game will be controlling the batmobile. This video was pretty cool showing some of the "features" of what it can do.

As said, I really liked the all the other Arkham games, and I'm really looking forward to this one as well.

Am I the only one who thought that batmobile gameplay segment looked stupid?

As far as the game itself, arkham asylum was refreshing. The combat wasn't entirely original, but it was something I hadn't seen done well in a while. The use of gadgets and the super-metroid-ish layout were also nice. Then arkham city came around... and I was already bored with the combat, but at least the gadget usage was still there and the world was bigger. Knowing this game is going to have basically the same melee combat I was already bored with and some crammed in hovertank battles.. no thanks.

It's like God of War in a way. I liked the first one, the second was good but basically the same thing(not that similarity is bad) but by the time the third came out I was already bored with it.

Doesn't mean I think the game is going to be crap, but it doesn't look like anything I'd particularly want to play. Also as previously noted, can't trust "gameplay footage" thanks to A:CM and Watch Dogs.

I'm just not that interested in this one for some reason. It looks great, but there doesn't appear to be a huge jump in the graphics department. Guess I'll have to wait for the PC version to see how that stacks up.

Back