Seven Inches is Enough, RIM Tells Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardOCP News

[H] News
If this isn’t headline of the day, I don’t know what is.

CANADA'S Research In Motion has fired back at Apple's Steve Jobs over his claims that the iPhone is outselling the Blackberry and that 7-inch tablet computers have no future. "We think many customers are getting tired of being told what to think by Apple," RIM co-chief executive Jim Balsillie said in a blog post responding to the comments made on Monday by Jobs.

Rim.....Jobs???

Lol.

That's a pretty awesome thread title....

Anyhow off to reading.

Saw the headline on fark earlier and got a laugh.

I laugh at Job's making comments about the usability of a 7 inch tablet when his tablets software was made for a 3.5 inch phone and ported to the larger setup....

Saw the headline on fark earlier and got a laugh.

I laugh at Job's making comments about the usability of a 7 inch tablet when his tablets software was made for a 3.5 inch phone and ported to the larger setup....

Yeah, that is the first thing i thought. He is going on and on how hard it would be to type on a 7 inch display. What he hell does he think people do on his ipod/iphone. I guess he is saying everyone that owns a ipod / iphone is a dumbass for buying one due to it being to small to be usable.

I do like the reply of RIM's CEO. it is nice to see people calling Apple on their lies / misleading.

Let's try to at least keep it semi on topic guys!

Addressing concerns that the iPad had missed it 4.8 million unit target by nearly 20 per cent, selling 4.1 million units, Jobs seemed to lay the blame at the feet of rival tablet makers for not quickly bringing worthy products to markets.

What? I would understand "we didn't sell enough because your product took our customers" but not "we didn't sell enough because your product didn't take our customers."

I'm actually thinking of buying a Playbook if the price is right. I've got a Blackberry, and since the Playbook requires a Blackberry phone for internet access, I'm hoping the Playbook sees a substantially lower price than an iPad. I'd pay somewhere around 200 to 300 bucks for one.

It's not hubris until Apple tanks.. again. Some trash talking is healthy, drives people to work harder, produce better stuff.

I'm actually thinking of buying a Playbook if the price is right. I've got a Blackberry, and since the Playbook requires a Blackberry phone for internet access, I'm hoping the Playbook sees a substantially lower price than an iPad. I'd pay somewhere around 200 to 300 bucks for one.

Judging by the $600 price of the Samsung Galaxy I doubt the Playbook will be anywhere near $300.

I don't see much hope for RIM on this one no matter what size they build. They will disappear between the iPad juggernaut and the avalanche of Android tablets in every size and shape.

Did somebody say RIM Jobs? sounds like apple's style! :)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Judging by the $600 price of the Samsung Galaxy I doubt the Playbook will be anywhere near $300.

I don't see much hope for RIM on this one no matter what size they build. They will disappear between the iPad juggernaut and the avalanche of Android tablets in every size and shape.

As much as I'm sure RIM wants more average joe sales, I could see them putting it together with businesses in mind. BlackBerry is still a go to phone for enterprise.

My eBook is 6" and it it is ok for eBooks but for a tablet PC I would not want something that small so I think 7" is a bit small too and would not buy one of that size.

Some people have small hands, some big. Some people want more portability, some don't. Jobs simply can't wrap his head around the fact that other people like other things. He can't fathom that his products aren't the ideal match for the entire planet.

I can just picture steve giggling like a school girl as he typed that in...

Why does it keep going back to Prince...

"That's right, I can't control it
I need 7 inches or more
2night, I can no longer hold it
Get it up, get it up, I can't wait anymore"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back