setup could not detect any sound blaster audigy on your system

bjork

2[H]4U
yeah.

so this seems to happen every time i reformat. Creative's craptacular drivers refuse to accept that there's an audigy installed, even though i can see it in the device manager.

audigyhate.gif

i've googled around for about 30 minutes, PhysicallyRemoved-Rebooted-Re-inserted-Rebooted, tried another PCI slot, soaked it in olive oil... what else is there?

don't get me started on creative... i'll NEVER buy another product from them EVER, but until i get something else... what do i do?

creative's site only lists the uber-newest drivers for DL... i've tried ftp.creative.com in a browser windw\ow... does anyone have links to old drivers, or know their FTP addy that i can scour...? any ideas?

help...?

Manually install the drivers in the device manager, reboot and then run the installer again.
It should notice that you have an Audigy card after that and stop harassing you about it

i've done that... that's how i got it to 'recognize' that it was there at all in the device manager... the screenshot i've posted shows it in device manager (after i manually installed the drivers)... but it won't go to the next step of device installs... (and find the other components of it)... it only sees the WDM processor and the game port...

What's so crap-tacular about the Creative Audigy2 series is not the drivers, or even their bloatware -- but their failure-prone SB1394 (Creative's version of FireWire400) controller that's integral to most of the Audigy series of cards. When the FireWire portion of the Audigys crap out, the PnP detection of the Audigy cards goes haywire. I had that happen to me recently when I had the Audigy2 ZS Platinum. The card's FireWire ports crapped out, and when I tried to reinstall the Audigy2 ZS drivers, it refused to detect an Audigy2 ZS card. I gave up, and retired the card and went back to my Revo 7.1.

gah... apparently i needed to manually install the drivers 'twice'... the first time it showed the above screenshot, and the second time it automagically saw it as being an Audigy 2 (WDM) ... using the exact same driver both times btw...

whatever... i'm on to step two now... at least it isn't bitching anymore.

:eek:

Back