Setting up a dual boot option for Windows 7 and XP

jbz7890

Gawd
Hi everyone,

I have Windows 7 installed in one hard drive, and Windows XP installed in another. I'm looking for a way to switch between these operating systems without having to go to the bios and change the hard drive boot priority. Instead, I'd like to be presented with an operating system selection menu when ever I start the computer.

Any ideas on how to make this work?

I tried followed the instructions in the link and couldn't get it to work. When I restart my computer, I am presented with a list of operating systems, but if I select XP, my computer just restarts and returns me to the list.

Any idea how to fix this?

I tried followed the instructions in the link and couldn't get it to work. When I restart my computer, I am presented with a list of operating systems, but if I select XP, my computer just restarts and returns me to the list.

Any idea how to fix this?

Did you make sure to set it to the drive you have XP installed on? The F: partition they used was just for an example.
If you can't get it you can always use a program like EasyBCD to add it in.

Did you make sure to set it to the drive you have XP installed on? The F: partition they used was just for an example.
If you can't get it you can always use a program like EasyBCD to add it in.

Yeah, I ended up using EasyBCD with success. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Back