Setting up 1366x768@60hz on my 8800GT?

Wich0

Limp Gawd
I have my pc connected to a vizio 37" lcd using a DVI cable to the TV's hdmi port with a dvi/hdmi adapter..when I go to nvidia control panel there's no option to select the monitors 1366x768 solution..help me please how do I configure this resolution with nvidia control panel...i tested it using vga cable and it does work fine but not with DVI/hdmi adapter. My video card is an XFX 8800gt 175.16 drivers and I'm running Vista Ultimate 32bit.

I ran into similar problem with my LCD tv (except I was using an ATI card).

I had to change the resolution via display setting instead of using the ati software.

i haven't tried it myself, but with hdmi, i think you are limited to your standard 720p, 1080i/p resolutions. i think vga will be your only 1366x768 solution.

i haven't tried it myself, but with hdmi, i think you are limited to your standard 720p, 1080i/p resolutions. i think vga will be your only 1366x768 solution.

Really?

So is that why when I force 1366x768 in CCC via a DVI/HDMI adapter, it cuts off the edges of the screen and creates that 'scroll effect' when I hit the edges??

This has puzzled me for months and pisses me off to NO END.

Thanks, all info and links are much appreciated!

Not all TVs are capable of accepting 1366x768 on the HDMI connection without overscan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan.( don't know what the scroll effect you talk about is, could be something different, like a virtual desktop kicking in when the resolution is higher than the one supported by the display? )

Many cheaper models only work with the native resolution when connected by D-SUB VGA. The HDMI only taking the HDTV standard resolutions 1280x720 and 1920x1080.
You'll have to look up in the manual what resolutions are supported on the individual inputs, and if there is a setting to turn of the overscan.

http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com/ for more information about overscan/pixelmapping

Not all TVs are capable of accepting 1366x768 on the HDMI connection without overscan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan.( don't know what the scroll effect you talk about is, could be something different, like a virtual desktop kicking in when the resolution is higher than the one supported by the display? )

Many cheaper models only work with the native resolution when connected by D-SUB VGA. The HDMI only taking the HDTV standard resolutions 1280x720 and 1920x1080.
You'll have to look up in the manual what resolutions are supported on the individual inputs, and if there is a setting to turn of the overscan.

http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com/ for more information about overscan/pixelmapping

My CRT HDTV only supports 480p and 1080i.

What are my resolution options (the manual says the native is 1366x and seems to create the virtual desktop description that you describe etc)

All help is again, much much appreciated.

ok I managed to download the nvidia drivers from nvidias site instead of from xfx's site..now it gives me the option to add a custom resolution..I put 1366x768 with 60hz refresh rate...not sure if I should put progressive or interlaced? ..the problem is that although it is brighter than with vga connection..the text and graphics on my desktop dont look so good as when i plugged in through vga connection..whats going on? Do I have to adjust the color settings or what?

ok I managed to download the nvidia drivers from nvidias site instead of from xfx's site..now it gives me the option to add a custom resolution..I put 1366x768 with 60hz refresh rate...not sure if I should put progressive or interlaced? ..the problem is that although it is brighter than with vga connection..the text and graphics on my desktop dont look so good as when i plugged in through vga connection..whats going on? Do I have to adjust the color settings or what?

Whats the problem with just useing VGA, its what I use with my HDTV and it looks fine. my TV is a 32" @ 1366x768@60hz also. I place Ventrilo on it when I am gaming and also watch movies and play games on it have never had any issues.

Whats the problem with just useing VGA, its what I use with my HDTV and it looks fine. my TV is a 32" @ 1366x768@60hz also. I place Ventrilo on it when I am gaming and also watch movies and play games on it have never had any issues.

how does small text look on that tv through vga. i've connected my pc to my 32inch hdtv but only with component, so i can only get 720p or 1080i. i found games looked awesome, but the text on my icons on my desktop background were really hard to read. would 1366x768 through vga be a clearer solution?

this is not a driver issue. this is related to what resolutions your tv is capable of accepting on certain inputs. whip out your manual (paper or online) and read up on your inputs. my 50" plasma will accept a 768 rez through the VGA, but it will not accept that rez through hdmi. researching your t.v. will answer all your ?'s.

Back