SETI@Home Wow!-Event 2019

Setifan

n00b
Logo2016.png

SETI.Germany invite Team [H]ardForum to the SETI@Home Wow!-Event 2019. It takes place from 15th August, 16.00 UTC, until 29th August 2019, 16.00 UTC.

We cordially ask all team leaders to forward the invitation to their team. Information about the Wow!-Race 2019 and a registration form can be found here https://www.seti-germany.de/Wow/register/en.

SETI.Germany wishes you and your team members much fun with the Wow!-Event 2019.

Best regards
Terminator
SETI.Germany

Just a reminder that each user participating has to sign up individually for this event. This isn't just a team competition. It is also individual as well as unique teams based on your astrology sign.

With 2 more days to the start of the Wow event. You can still register using the link from the first post or here https://www.seti-germany.de/Wow/register/en.

Currently only 7 of us are registered.

Team standing (currently under testing) is here. Click the team name for individual stat.

Best configuration to run Seti is with Nvidia cards under linux with optimized apps which can be found here: http://www.arkayn.us/lunatics/BOINC.7z. I personally just extract the files under the /projects/setiathome.berkeley.edu/* folder and put the files under my ubuntu 18.04 boinc folder here: /var/lib/boinc/projects/setiathome.berkeley.edu/*

For further details see latest seti forum: https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=84526&postid=2006903#2006903 which was just started a few days ago.

Some perspective.

Last year, the team finished at no. 8 with total credits of 10,724,795. This year, I should be able to do more than my last year performance of 3,585 pts. Good luck to everyone participating in the Wow! event.

Moving along nicely on day 2 except for some down time. We are now sitting in 4th spot overall for the teams portion of this.

We are still holding 4th spot after almost 4 days of the race.

Sometime by today, we will pass our 2018 WoW credits of 10.7M. We are now at 10M. Good job for the 8 crunchers currently participating in the race.

We need more people. You can still sign-up here.

Just a reminder, tomorrow (Tues), the server will be down for maintenance. Typically can last up to 24hrs or longer. Please make sure that you have enough tasks to last during that period.,

I was informed that the downtime will only be a couple hours this time.

Signed up. Currently running on Windows with whatever setup I used for the last FB marathon last year. I only wish my 1080TI was under Linux. Won't have time to switch.

Edit: All my stuff is in storage, and I only grabbed the smallest amount of stuff out of it before coming to my current location. 2 hour drive back to get my Linux hard drive.

Last edited:
Signed up. Currently running on Windows with whatever setup I used for the last FB marathon last year. I only wish my 1080TI was under Linux. Won't have time to switch.

Edit: All my stuff is in storage, and I only grabbed the smallest amount of stuff out of it before coming to my current location. 2 hour drive back to get my Linux hard drive.

Glad you are back. Hope you had a good time while you were away!

Some perspective.

Last year, the team finished at no. 8 with total credits of 10,724,795. This year, I should be able to do more than my last year performance of 3,585 pts. Good luck to everyone participating in the Wow! event.
Just passed the halfway mark in the Wow! race and we just doubled our output compare to last year. I'm closing in on the 2M mark. :D

i ended up having to quit running seti, need to figure out my temp issues with my new 3600.. something odd is going on with my freezer 240 which the 1600 never put off enough heat to trigger.. it'll get to 63C then start having random 10C spikes but every time it returns back to the original temp it's 1C higher to the point where the system eventually hits 95C about 3 hours later and shuts off. starting to think the pumps probably dying.

Yuck. Hope you figure it out. Thanks for helping with the event.

Half of my systems are down as well.

Just got back from exercise and now I'm heading out again until late January. Who knows when they will be up again.

Keep crunching! For the [H]orde!

ok i think i figured out the temp issues.. that's what i get for thinking arctic cooling was full of crap when they recommended mounting the block so the logo was vertical instead of like an OCD person would mount it, lol.. just doing that on it's own dropped my temps 6C and i'm not seeing the crazy 10C spikes anymore.. i guess my 1600 never ran hot enough even at full load to make it noticeable. currently running full load after an hour and still sitting at 66C vs the 70-73C with spikes into the 80C range. next restart i think i'll put the voltage back to auto so it sits at 4.2Ghz all core instead of the 4.1 i'm getting right now.

ok i think i figured out the temp issues.. that's what i get for thinking arctic cooling was full of crap when they recommended mounting the block so the logo was vertical instead of like an OCD person would mount it, lol.. just doing that on it's own dropped my temps 6C and i'm not seeing the crazy 10C spikes anymore.. i guess my 1600 never ran hot enough even at full load to make it noticeable. currently running full load after an hour and still sitting at 66C vs the 70-73C with spikes into the 80C range. next restart i think i'll put the voltage back to auto so it sits at 4.2Ghz all core instead of the 4.1 i'm getting right now.

Strange. I own that cooler and i have never heard of mounting it with logo anything but horizontal.

Strange. I own that cooler and i have never heard of mounting it with logo anything but horizontal.

yeah that's what i thought too then i started looking at all the reviews with it mounted and even the [H] review of it has it mounted so the in/out are on the right side. now that it got it figured out though, need to get rid of this graphite pad and replace it with some kryonaut, didn't want to waste it til i got this figured out.

I even made a drawing / diagram and emailed them and they hand no complaints about logo horizontal readable

I don't think it was an issue with R7 1700. Maybe it has more relevancy now with the new chiplet design. I was not happy with my temps on the 3900x and bought an NHD15S I might go back and try it your way.

I don't think it was an issue with R7 1700. Maybe it has more relevancy now with the new chiplet design. I was not happy with my temps on the 3900x and bought an NHD15S I might go back and try it your way.

yeah i'm in the same boat as you, it might have something to do with the fin stack on the cold plate and the location of the chiplet. maybe they're taller then they are wide or vice versa since the chip is mounted sideways in the AM4 socket, so it being mounted sideways actually reaches the chiplet? i haven't been able to find a picture of one taken apart though to see what it looks like.

Last edited:
Wish I could have be participating at full strength. Next year I guess.

Great job everyone on besting our previous contributions during this event.

Back