SETI.Germany's 14th Annual Pentathlon (2023)

Javelin done now so focus only Yoyo, Numbers and/or Einstein?
I'll vote for NumberFields as it is easier to run without having to worry about memory issue ;)
After the sprint, pretty much every team will just have to focus on yoyo as there are no other cpu tasks that you can run efficiently.

Jeeper's Day 9 BOINC Pentathlon commentary

Less than 6 days to the end of the Pentathlon.

Day 9 – 13 May 2023 – Something Shines in the Sun – Part 1​

icon-cityrun-small.png City Run (PrimeGrid: only subproject AP 27)
The first decision has been made. Victory goes to TAAT, who were stronger than the first two runners-up combined in the end. This impressive performance was not as surprising as the next places. Silver goes to LTT, and bronze to GPUUG. On the final day, LTT left nothing to chance and thus secured their best team result ever. Congratulations to the trio.

Even though they could no longer fight for precious metal, the duel between P3D (#4) and SG (#5) was more dramatic than expected. SG had borrowed Little Muck's shoes, but in the end, the Green Planet managed to cross the finish line just ahead of SG.

Behind them, RKN (#6) improved their ranking from last year, while [H] (#7) failed to do so. This is also true for CNT, who have to settle for #8 this year. TC (#9) flew to the finish calmly and quietly, and defended their ranking from last year in this discipline.

SUSA clinched #10 on the final day and thus ensured that AF confirmed last year's #11. Behind them, OCN (#12) left MK (#13) with no chance to counterattack. In the end, both teams will probably be satisfied with the result.

AMD Users barely secured #14 in the last second. For the rapidly approaching team of Crystal Dream (#15), the race to catch up was not crowned with success. At least they tried, which I cannot say about the teams behind them.

Ukraine secured #17, which was not that difficult. After all, EVGA's attack was just not strong enough. Behind them, LITOMYSL (#18) could cross the finish line at ease. Russia (#19) were not put under pressure anymore either, although TFFE (#20) certainly has the chance to do so.

BOINC.Italy (#21) finished surprisingly far behind. Let us see if the Italians can pick themselves up again. 2ch (#22) and TSBT (#23) follow behind them. The Scots did not have the power to continue the successes of the last years.

B@P crossed the finish line in #24, followed by Chinese Dream (#25). Since the gaps behind them hardly allowed for any major attacks, the rest of the field coasted to the end. BC (#26), B^S (#27), UBT (#28), BOINCstats (#29), and PiGyS (#30) came in one by one.

icon-javelinthrow-small.png Javelin Throw (SRBase: all subprojects except TF)
Things are not as quiet in the Javelin Throw. I will evaluate the result there tomorrow, but it looks like the favorites are finishing their job there today.

Obstacle Run (yoyo@home: only subprojects ECM, ECM P2) The teams have settled on their travel speed for now at the obstacle, as is reflected in the list of the winners and losers:

icon-obstaclerun-small.png

#teamΔ
13Ukraine+1
15BOINC.Italy+1
28The PiGyS+1
#teamΔ
14BOINC@Poland-1
16AMD users-1
29team 2ch-1

icon-sprint-small.png Sprint (NumberFields@home)
The key here is to get out of the blocks quickly, and try to control the field. TAAT have taken this to heart and is already miles ahead of the field. P3D (#2) and LTT (#3) have moved up to the medal ranks for now. In fact, they are quite clearly ahead of CNT (#4), the surprisingly strong AF (#5), [H] (#6), and SG (#7), who seem to have oversleeping in their blood. RKN have valiantly moved up into #8, catching EVGA (#9) and OCN (#10) cold. Ukraine (#11) currently have to fend off TSBT (#12).

Behind them follow GPUUG (#13), MK (#14), SUSA (#15), and TC (#16). Even though the distances are still small of course, a gap has opened up behind them. AMD Users (#17), 2ch (#18), and BOINC.Italy (#19) simply cannot follow them.

Russia (#20), UBT (#21), LITOMYSL (#22), BC (#23), Crystal Dream (#24), and BOINCstats (#25) are still going slowly, but could make up ground with courageous attacks . Chinese Dream (#26), B@P (#27), PiGyS (#28), B^S (#29), and TFFE (#30) need the cheers of the audience and some motivation to really torture themselves.

Don't be fooled, the gaps are still small and so there will still be a lot of movement. In particular, notorious late starters will reshape the rankings.

You see, there is a lot going on at the moment. The first set of medals has been awarded and the next one follows tomorrow. The overall standings will also become clearer then.

• Who can slow down the trio in the Sprint?
  • Does anyone slip up with the javelin?
  • Will SG only be in #4 in the overall standings again?

You see it remains exciting at the BOINC Pentathlon.

Yours, Jeeper

[Based on stats at 11:00 UTC]

We finished 6th in Javelin throw (SRbase) which is the second race of the pentathlon.

All the last three races will finish on May 18 5pm/8pm PT/ET.

1684035719322.png

wow #7, guess that pile of RX480s came in handy after all
I think they will do better relatively speaking on Einstein so if you have not moved your GPU's over to that now is the time.

These are the best tasks to run for Einstein on GPU
image_480.png

don't forget to join the team and enable stats export

1684076933953.png

1684076859898.png

Attachments

• 1684076918473.png
    1684076918473.png
    406.2 KB · Views: 0
For those of you that are running Nvidia cards on linux , another reminder that there is a special version of Einstein you can run that is probably 60% - 80% faster than the standard version.

Really simple to install this but let me break it down a bit.

1. Go here and download the V1.0 version of the einstein app:
https://einsteinathome.org/content/einstein-fgrpb1g-linuxnvidia-special-app-aio

2. Extract the download which contains these files and folder:
1684077503307.png

3. Copy both the files and the folder into your BOINC directory. Typically this is var/lib/boinc but depending on how you installed your boinc on linux your "projects" folder may actually be somewhere in your home folder. If this is the case then copy the five .alt files and the SLEEP file into your boinc folder and then put the files that are in the project folder of the download into the spot on your home drive where your project folder exist. When prompted you will want to MERGE the project folder with your original one and you will want to replace any files when prompted .

***make sure you are MERGING the new projects folder in as you don't want to wipe your original projects folder****

The app_info.xmlo and the V1.0 files should be in the Einstein project folder and the 5 other files should be in the main boinc folder.

4. go into the the project folder and open the Einstein project folder
Make sure you managed to put these 2 files into it:
1684078293086.png

5. remove the original Einstein app from the Einstein project folder . It might be a good idea to make a copy of it and put it somewhere else
1684078392979.png

6. If your Einstein was running it will need to be restarted and then it should run the new version of the app. (restart computer if you don't know the boinc command to restart your boinc client on linux)

Last edited:
Also, in case anyone needed the prompting, you can drop your Einstein bunkers.

Jeeper's Day 10 BOINC Pentathlon commentary

On Javelin throw (SRbase), Jeeper commenting "[H] really did the bare minimum to take home #6".
What is Jeeper trying to imply ?? 🤔

Day 10 – 14 May 2023 – Something Shines in the Sun – Part 2​

Today and tomorrow, our brave teams have to compete in three disciplines simultaneously. But this also means that there was another decision. The Javelin Throw has been decided and thus we also have more meaningful overall standings now. And this probably has woken up some teams. Reason enough to have a closer look at these two rankings today. At the same time, it is off to the Cross Country track, which I will have a closer look at tomorrow.

Javelin Throw (SRBase: all subprojects except TF)

icon-javelinthrow-small.png
Victory again goes to TAAT, who quickly wrapped it up on the final day. SG were rewarded with silver and are celebrating their best single ranking since 2020. P3D only did in their last throw what was necessary to collect bronze. Maybe more would have been possible with a more courageous first throw. Congratulations to the podium climbers.

While RKN (#4) were not rewarded with a medal, their best single ranking since 2019 should also be a reason to celebrate. In the end, the Rechenkrafties simply ran out of steam. At least they were able to keep CNT (#5) behind, who just barely came up short to the Germans.

[H] really did the bare minimum to take home #6. But that could have gone very wrong, as Ukraine (#7) were only a whisker away. Apparently, the Ukrainians like the javelin, as they also excelled here last year.

LTT (#8) did not have to do anything on the final day, as AF (#9) and LITOMYSL (#10) had no chance to catch them. MK would have had a theoretical chance to get in there, but there was apparently not enough power left to do so and they ended up in #11.

BOINC.Italy were able to skip the last throw and still bring in #12, because SUSA (#13) did not throw well enough in the previous attempts. Behind them, EVGA benefit from the fact that AMD Users (#15) did not deliver in their final throw. The first signs of wear probably started to show here as well.

Crystal Dream (#16), TFFE (#17), and BC (#18) can be found on the next places. As expected, GPUUG have moved up behind them, but they still will not be satisfied. Their final throw was not quite optimal and so they end up in #19 instead of a possible #16. By the way, this is also true for TSBT (#20). The Scots threw quite consistently and thus probably did not make the best use of their forces.

A massive first throw raised expectations of great things to come, but unfortunately B@P could not follow up on this later and end up only in #21. TC show again this year that they do not like the javelin, and thus #22 is their result. Behind them, Russia have brought in #23, leaving OCN (#24) and B^S (#25) behind.

BOINCstats finishes in #26, followed by Chinese Dream (#27) and PiGyS (#28). While 2ch skipped the javelin altogether, UBT is puzzling. Their first throw was fine and might have been enough for #25, but it was followed up with nothing. What a pity.

Overall Standings After the decision in the Javelin Throw and the start of the Cross Country, we now have a more meaningful picture in the overall standings. It might come as a bit of a surprise. However, there are three disciplines still in progress.

ringe.png

TAAT are clearly in the lead and will probably be able to repeat last year's victory, but behind them, nothing is decided yet. P3D hold on to silver, but LTT (#3) still has potential in the Cross Country. There is already a rather large gap behind them. SG (#4), [H] (#5), and CNT (#6) are required to do more.

Behind them, GPUUG (#7) are reaching for gold in the Cross Country, but they do not like the Sprint and the Javelin Throw, and so it will be difficult to move up further in the overall standings. RKN (#8) have been slow in the Cross Country so far. If they changed that, it would still be possible for them to catch GPUUG and at the same time keep AF (#9) at bay.

In contrast, SUSA (#11) would have to make a huge effort to move up further. And they have to watch out for TC (#12) and Ukraine (#10), who are always good for surprises. The Ukrainians in particular have made a nice intermediate spurt in the last few hours.

MK have won #13 for now, just ahead of OCN. Usually, we always have to reckon with the cooling experts, but they are currently not doing well in the Cross Country. Unfortunately, history shows that this is not unusual for this type of track. But at the moment it looks like they have worked on that. BOINC.Italy in #15 have benefited from the rapid fall of EVGA (#16) in the last hours. And now, AMD Users (#17) are on the attack as well.

A good start in the Cross Country puts TSBT at #18 in the current overall standings, just ahead of LITOMYSL (#19). The dreamers of Crystal Dream and Chinese Dream are currently battling for #21. However, Chinese Dream are currently benefiting from a superb start in the Cross Country. It remains to be seen if they can keep it up. This also left B@P (#20) with a chance to pass both of them, and they used it. As a result, the Poles could also break away from the trio of TFFE (#23), Russia (#24), and BC (#25).

There is also a competition for the places behind them. Currently 2ch (#26) is in the best position, followed by UBT (#27), B^S (#28), and BOINCstats (#29). For PiGyS it is about eating pizza, gyros, and schnitzel under the red lantern. Obstacle Run (yoyo@home: only subprojects ECM, ECM P2)

#teamΔ
4SETI.Germany+1
16Overclock.net+1
#teamΔ
5[H]ard|OCP-1
17AMD Users-1

icon-sprint-small.png Sprint (NumberFields@home)

#teamΔ
10BOINC.Italy+9
19Crystal Dream+5
4Rechenkraft.net+4
23Chinese dream+3
9Ukraine+2
13SETI.USA+2
28The Final Front Ear+2
2LinusTechTips_Team+1
11The Scottish Boinc Team+1
#teamΔ
3Planet 3DNow!-1
5Czech national team-1
17Team China-1
18AMD Users-1
26BOINCstats-1
12Overclock.net-2
15GPU Users Group-2
16Meisterkuehler.de team-2
25BOINC Confederation-2
30The PiGyS-2
8thL'Alliance Francophone-3
21team 2ch-3
24UK BOINC team-3
14Crunching@EVGA-5

Even though the fog of ambiguity has lifted a bit today, many questions remain still open:

• Will LTT win silver in the Sprint?
  • Can TAAT still catch the GPU users in the Cross Country?
  • Will P3D really win gold in the Obstacle Run?

Yours, Jeeper

[Based on stats at 10:00 UTC]

Jeepers Creepers man... that guy really hates to say anything nice about us. It's almost like he doesn't understand how javelin works when he says it could have gone wrong based on Ukrains last throw.... They could have thrown a billion points on throw 5 and it wouldn't have made a difference....

The "bare minimum" is the correct amount in that situation to avoid wasting points... smh

Jeepers Creepers man... that guy really hates to say anything nice about us. It's almost like he doesn't understand how javelin works when he says it could have gone wrong based on Ukrains last throw.... They could have thrown a billion points on throw 5 and it wouldn't have made a difference....

The "bare minimum" is the correct amount in that situation to avoid wasting points... smh
Saw your reply in pent shout box. Maybe Jeepers could have just written "[H] smartly really did the bare minimum to take home #6 " That would be nice.

I won't have access to those machines till tomorrow, still worth moving over??
still 3 days 23 hours of einstein@home to go and I figure every point is going to matter in terms of (maybe?) staying ahead of LTT

Seems like we always get a bit of warm weather during the Pent. It's 32c / 89f in my house right now but I am gonna keep pushing till the end!🧯🔥🔥

We are triple digits outside. 38c to those outside the US. AC is working OT here and my electric bill is going to be ridiculous. Not going as crazy as last year, though.

YoYo keeps trying to give me 3-7 day tasks...my cache is filling up with a few of these and nothing else...waiting on server connects as it doesn't want to talk to me until tomorrow:
1684113698189.png

Seriously.
1684114228789.png

Last edited:
All: time to bunker yoyo if your task deadline permits. Bonus day must be announced in one of the last 3 days. Maybe tomorrow?

YoYo keeps trying to give me 3-7 day tasks...my cache is filling up with a few of these and nothing else...waiting on server connects as it doesn't want to talk to me until tomorrow:
View attachment 570338

Seriously.
View attachment 570341
I had a bunch of those on my server (Ryzen 2600x) and ended up dumping them. After more than a day of processing they were only at 3% completion. I had to reboot while they were at that point and when they were fired back up they had all reset to 0%. I avoid dumping work units whenever possible but in this case I had little choice and haven't fired YoYo back up on my server.

I had a bunch of those on my server (Ryzen 2600x) and ended up dumping them. After more than a day of processing they were only at 3% completion. I had to reboot while they were at that point and when they were fired back up they had all reset to 0%. I avoid dumping work units whenever possible but in this case I had little choice and haven't fired YoYo back up on my server.
I don't think YoYo keeps record of task progress, just completion. So you can't pause them.

I could be wrong, it's been a while, but I remember there is a project out there like this.

Jeeper's Day 11 BOINC Pentathlon commentary

Notable commentary:
  • Will [H] attack at the obstacle?
We shall see 🤔

Day 11 – 15 May 2023 – The Hot Phase Begins​

This year's pentathlon is rapidly approaching its inevitable conclusion. There are still medals to be awarded in three disciplines, the next ones in just a few hours. Now the teams have to give their all, now there are no more excuses.

Sprint (NumberFields@home) TAAT are clearly in the lead, but it is not clear yet whether P3D (#2) or LTT (#3) will get their hands on silver. The final hours will be crucial here. Behind them, it is only a dead rubber race. RKN (#4), CNT (#5), and SG (#6) are battling for fourth place. Especially for SG, the points here would be very important.

icon-sprint-small.png

AF (#7) and [H] (#8) have not yet reached agreement on their places, so the next hours will not be boring here either. For Ukraine, #9 is probably theirs to lose and an attack forward does not seem very promising. Behind them, BOINC.Italy (#10), GPUUG (#11), and SUSA (#12) are fighting for the final top 10 spot with uncertain outcome.

OCN has lost ground in the last hours and now has to worry about #13. TSBT (#14) and maybe even MK (#15) or TC (#16) are still within striking distance. So the next hours could shake up everything here as well.

EVGA will probably sprint to the finish in #17, at least AMD Users (#18), Crystal Dream (#19), and LITOMYSL (#20) do not pose much of a threat. However, the latter trio is still fighting for valuable points. Russia in #21 have to keep an eye on 2ch (#22), the gap is still far from insurmountable.

This is also true for Chinese Dream (#23) and BC (#24), and also for UBT (#25) and BOINCstats (#26). PiGyS (#27) have pushed the schnitzel aside and caught B@P (#28), TFFE (#29), and B^S (#30) cold. And maybe they can move up even further. The next hours will tell.

Cross Country (Einstein@Home)

icon-crosscountry-small.png
An exciting battle for gold is shaping up on the bumpy track. GPUUG (#1) and TAAT (#2) clash in a battle of the giants, with the other teams just being spectators. P3D have already secured bronze quite well, but the comparably weak performance behind them is puzzling.

[H] (#4) are already quite far behind the Green Planet. LTT in #5 confirms their ambitions to win an overall medal, whereas CNT (#6) and SG (#8) cannot match their greatness of days gone by. And between them, there are TC in #7, but they are going through a weak phase.

Ukraine at #9 are doing very well once again, but RKN (#10) are already on course. AF (#11) will find it difficult to move up further. But they have playmates in OCN (#12). Behind them is a larger gap, which neither LITOMYSL (#13) nor B@P (#14) can close.

Chinese Dream (#15) seem to have a hunger attack right now, and so there is a chance for EVGA (#16) and maybe also for SUSA (#17) and BOINC.Italy (#18) to pass them. TSBT (#19) have lost a lot of ground, but at least they can keep AMD Users (#20), B^S (#21), and 2ch (#22) at bay. There, B^S and 2ch are having a duel, which is pushing them so hard that the AMD users have to watch out.

MK (#23) seem to want to skip this track, leaving BOINCstats (#24) with a chance to score valuable points. Crystal Dream in #25 and UBT in #26 appear relatively safe. Behind them, TFFE (#27) have passed Russia (#28), but both do not have to worry about their chasers. BC (#29) and PiGyS (#30) are unfortunately moving only at a leisurely pace.

Obstacle Run (yoyo@home: only subprojects ECM, ECM P2)

#teamΔ
4[H]ard|OCP+1
#teamΔ
5SETI.Germany-1

Everything is still possible in the Sprint. The gaps are still small and so there may still be a lot of movement in the next hours. We are slowly approaching the grand finale and every point is important. There is still a lot possible in the Cross Country. Don't be fooled by the gaps, they can be gone quickly.

• Can LTT still reach for silver in the Sprint?
  • Is SG losing overall bronze in the Cross Country?
  • Will [H] attack at the obstacle?

Yours, Jeeper

[Based on stats at 12:00 UTC]

I don't think YoYo keeps record of task progress, just completion. So you can't pause them.

I could be wrong, it's been a while, but I remember there is a project out there like this.
From a previous race I know SiDock@Home was guilty of not using any sort of checkpoint although that was a couple of years ago and it may have changed since then. It was the only one I knew for sure that didn't use any sort of checkpoint system. Practically every project uses a checkpoint system and I figured YoYo did as well. It may use a checkpoint system but even after a day of crunching it hadn't met the checkpoint requirements if there is one. Either way, I was not happy about the results of that one.

So, seeing how we are doing in Numbers, should we stop doing that and move back over to yoyo@ to keep our cpu cycles going their to hold our position?

I suggest that we finish whatever NF tasks that are still running and move over to yoyo. Abort all those NF tasks that haven't started.

I'm already 100% on yoyo. Remember to bunker for 100% bonus day, maybe we will know later today. Fingers crossed.

still 3 days 23 hours of einstein@home to go and I figure every point is going to matter in terms of (maybe?) staying ahead of LTT

moved them over this morning, can't see any real way of getting any useful statistics from e@h but whatever hopefully it helps

moved them over this morning, can't see any real way of getting any useful statistics from e@h but whatever hopefully it helps
Here are some stats from today.

1684210894717.png

You are definitely on the board! If you downloaded enough work to make it a few more days, your validation rates will probably improve.

There are a few teams below us who have already shown they have a ton of GPU's and are bunkering for a surprise finish. If it's anything like the previous years these races can be really close at times. We will do well / be lucky to retain our 4th position in this cross country race.

1684211170557.png

The same thing is happening in the marathon as well. Too quiet for comfort is the name of the game at this stage of the Pent.

Everyone is pretty close in the obstacle but most teams are squirrelling away work in hopes of a bonus day. Saved work on a bonus day will certainly shake things up.

1684211611954-png.570613

Attachments

• 1684211611954.png
    1684211611954.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Yep, despite what looks like a decent lead in Einstein, there are a lot of bunkers out there waiting to be dropped. Bunkers for YoYo will also determine the standings there. Keep in mind that the bonus day remaining is the 100% bonus. Personally, I wish it had been earlier in the race and that we'd be out of bonus days by now. Or even better go back to the old Marathon without bonus days.

Also, a pile of RX480s will definitely make a difference in Einstein. Each should put out more than my 570 and the 570 isn't exactly a slouch.

Jeeper's Day 12 BOINC Pentathlon commentary

Less than 2.5 days to the finishing line.

Our strategies:
  • Continue bunker yoyo if you can and wait for the 100% bonus day
  • Keep the gpu going on einstein. Last year we were behind SG in einstein race by 114 tasks, so every gpu (low to high end cards) helps here.

Day 12 – 16 May 2023 – Something Shines in the Sun – Part 3​

The third discipline has been decided. Slowly, the teams are starting to show signs of exhaustion. The pentathletes have to endure three more days on the obstacle course and the Cross Country track. Neither are easy challenges. But now let us look at the current situation.

Sprint (NumberFields@home) Victory goes to TAAT, marking their eighth win in a row. They made it all clear and distanced their competitors early on. On the final day, P3D secured the silver medal leaving LTT to settle for bronze. This is already the second medal for LTT and they will be more than satisfied with this result. Congratulations!

icon-sprint-small.png

While SG (#4) had no chance to win a medal anymore, this did not stop them from throwing in everything they had. And so they were able to overtake RKN (#5), CNT (#6), [H] (#7), and AF (#8) in a brilliant final spurt. In addition, RKN was able to valiantly fend off the attack of CNT, which illustrates the strength of the Rechenkrafties this year.

Ukraine (#9) sprinted over the finish line unchallenged. Behind them, however, it was close and exciting. GPUUG took #10 in the final minutes and pushed BOINC.Italy to #11, with the Italians only just managing to finish ahead of MK (#12). The finish photo here did not show only BOINC.Italy and MK. SUSA (#13) was also just a whisker behind and had to concede two places.

For OCN (#14) things seemed to tighten up, but TC (#15) was not able to pull if off in the end. At least the Chinese were able to push TSBT to #16 in another photo finish. The Scots probably ran out of whiskey in the end. They were followed by EVGA (#17), and then AMD Users (#18), Crystal Dream (#19), and LITOMYSL (#20). These three finished one after the other without really threatening each other.

Russia (#21) crossed the finish line ahead of 2ch (#22) and could see the final spurt of Chinese Dream in their rearview mirror, which won them #23. The victim was BC, who now found themselves in #24. UBT in #25 and BOINCstats in #26 were also watching with interest.

PiGyS secured #27, which they had captured yesterday in the morning. Neither B@P (#28) nor TFFE (#29) nor B^S (#30) were able to respond.

icon-obstaclerun-small.png Obstacle Run (yoyo@home: only subprojects ECM, ECM P2)
And now for another look at the long-distance track. Things seem to have calmed down here, but there is still one bonus day coming up that might shake up everything once again. Let us take a look at the situation.

P3D are still in the lead, but their gap over TAAT is not insurmountable. LTT (#3) currently have the best chance to win bronze, as [H] (#4) and SG (#5) are busy with each other. CNT (#6) will have a hard time trying to get between them and at the same time have to watch out for GPUUG (#7), who are breathing down their necks.

SUSA (#8) are already well behind and have to watch out like hell for the trio behind them. RKN (#9), TC (#10), and AF (#11) are basically all on the same level. All three may still pose a threat to the Americans.

MK are in #12 and it remains to be seen what is still possible for them. At least their current pace is higher than that of Ukraine (#13) and B@P (#14), who are also having a bit of a skirmish. Behind them, BOINC.Italy are trying to hold on to #15, but they are being unsettled by OCN (#16) and AMD Users (#17).

EVGA can hardly achieve more than #18 and have to watch out for Chinese Dream (#19) who still lie in wait. Behind them, UBT (#20) is a bit in no man's land, as LITOMYSL (#21) and BC (#22) are already a bit far behind. However, there is also some hot action going on between these two.

In skin contact are also TSBT (#23) and TFFE (#24), with B^S (#25) and Russia (#26) observing from a distance. BOINCstats (#27) might need a visual aid for that, but they will rather look in the other direction. The reason: It is also cozy between 2ch (#28) and PiGyS (#29). There, also Crystal Dream (#30) will find their money's worth.

You see, it is still far from over on the long-distance track.

Cross Country (Einstein@Home)

icon-crosscountry-small.png

#teamΔ
15SETI.USA+2
1Team AnandTech+1
6Team China+1
13BOINC@Poland+1
17BOINC.Italy+1
21team 2ch+1
27Russia+1
#teamΔ
2GPU Users Group-1
7Czech national team-1
14LITOMYSL-1
22BOINC Synergy-1
28The Final Front Ear-1
18Chinese dream-3

Two tracks remain for the next few days and there is still a lot to be decided:

• Can GPUUG end TAAT's winning streak?
  • When will SG wake up in the Cross Country?
  • Will TAAT strike back at the obstacle?

Yours, Jeeper

[Based on stats at 09:00 UTC]

would be nice if he at least recognized what were doing without bribes and with as few members as we have.

I'd say go scalp the bottom 10 teams for the [H]orde lol.

would be nice if he at least recognized what were doing without bribes and with as few members as we have.

I've kept my keyboard quiet about the comments he's been making about us just in case I was reading into something which wasn't there but I haven't been happy about the condescending and dismissive comments. It's definitely not conducive to a genial but competitive atmosphere. It's especially irritating because we are a smaller group and yet still competing with much larger teams.

The last few years it's been "we mighty few" in these competitions. Fine by me.

If we wanted to be ultra competitive we could put up a donations link, create an [H] forum users account for the projects and rent a bunch of servers. Set a target budget and promote the snot out of it. Get some t-shirts and coffee cups or beer mugs to give away and go for it.

Or get really, really friendly with someone who has a ton of servers.

You know, like the others.

The last few years it's been "we mighty few" in these competitions. Fine by me.

If we wanted to be ultra competitive we could put up a donations link, create an [H] forum users account for the projects and rent a bunch of servers. Set a target budget and promote the snot out of it. Get some t-shirts and coffee cups or beer mugs to give away and go for it.

Or get really, really friendly with someone who has a ton of servers.

You know, like the others.
We already have the team captain's account hardocptest that can be used for such things. Pretty much all the points on that account are from me but it was intended to be used when someone wanted to join anonymously. At one time, I was putting the weak account key in each of the project threads but nobody had interest. If there is ever an interest, just let me know and I can get access to whatever is needed for it. I typically just keep a single laptop running on the account so that projects don't delete the account for being inactive...which has happened a time or two...

I've kept my keyboard quiet about the comments he's been making about us just in case I was reading into something which wasn't there but I haven't been happy about the condescending and dismissive comments. It's definitely not conducive to a genial but competitive atmosphere. It's especially irritating because we are a smaller group and yet still competing with much larger teams.

He's German, already lost 2 world wars, maybe he's mad a small group of mostly Americans are going way better then what the small group of Germans could do 78 years ago.

They way I read some stuff that's posted it could be anything. Some issue or slight from a member 10 years ago. Whatever.

Back