SETI.Germany's 14th Annual Pentathlon (2023)

Yep, but how do I know the next next one or how many there are and the highest? Must be a list somewhere.
PrimeGrid badge list

Levels for each subproject.

1683850616837.png

Double Emerald go go go! Been crunching for this event. Just checking in. Edit: Just for laughs. Double emerald is so out of reach for consumer hardware. My highest is double silver and I crunched with multiple gpus for a decent amount of time.

So, anyone else get some units in YoYo that are taking considerably longer to process?

ecm_cn_1683044722_2_1139+1_1314_P1

1683943393833.png

Yes, there are quite a few work units which take a lot longer to process. I've had some which took over 10 hours each. I think most of those were the ecm_ru projects. ecn_cn projects look to take about 7.5 hours each on my 5800x.

Einstein@home is announced for the Cross County event. It supports CPU and GPU work units which also include Intel iGPU. Thanks SmokeRngs for posting above. Yeah, it struggled a ton last time. It would be best for anyone running the project to load up a large enough cache of work to last the remainder of the event so that it increases their chances or validating/crediting.

Don't forget about the special optimized app for NVIDIA on Linux...

https://einsteinathome.org/content/einstein-fgrpb1g-linuxnvidia-special-app-aio

Any issues for anyone else where some ecm_cw units hit 60% or 80% then just sit there, elapsed time keeps going by, but remaining estimate and % never changes...

I often have work units which sit at 40%, 60% and 80% for quite a while before updating. I have yet to have one not finish, though. I think those %'s are checkpoints and it doesn't update until it hits the next checkpoint. YoYo@Home seems to be an oddball of a project with how different a lot of the work units are within the same project.

Jeeper's Day 8 BOINC Pentathlon commentary

Day 8 – 12 May 2023 – Run After Throw​

Today will bring the first decision of this year's Pentathlon in the City Run. The next decision is already scheduled for tomorrow, so that we do not get bored. And besides, the Sprint stars tomorrow. Blow after blow or run after throw after run. So of course I look at the Javelin Throw and the City Run again today. Javelin Throw (SRBase: all subprojects except TF) The rankings have not changed much since yesterday, so today I will try to assess the real situation without looking at each current ranking. Tomorrow there will be a lot of movement and the field will be reordered heavily one last time. This year, the strategies of the teams are more diverse, so it is even more difficult to keep track. Bad for the teams, good for the thrill.

icon-javelinthrow-small.png

TAAT are on the verge of victory if they do not slip up tomorrow. Behind them, SG have a chance for silver, which would be their best result in a single discipline since 2020. P3D have skipped yesterday's throw and let the chance to win silver on their own slip away. Now the Green Planet has to hope for a slip-up of the Blue and Yellows. Such as the one RKN made yesterday, which has probably cost the Rechenkrafties the medal.

And this does not need to be the end of it, as CNT are lying in wait to punish the next misstep. Theoretically, even [H] could pass the Germans, but this would require an almost total blackout from RKN.

Ukraine, LTT, MK, AF, and LITOMYSL have chances to reach the remaining places in the top 10. The final day will decide. SUSA might also come close to the top positions, but probably not quite reach them. BOINC.Italy and AMD Users could also have a battle with the Americans.

Behind them, it is still very close, so there is plenty of tension. GPUUG could make a nice leap and might even be able to annoy Crystal Dream, TFFE, and BC a bit. City Run (PrimeGrid: only subproject AP 27)

icon-cityrun-small.png
What will happen here in the final spurt? Who can achieve the ultimate acceleration? TAAT will not be denied the victory, but behind them things are already heating up. LTT could clinch their best result in a single discipline with #2, but the same is true for GPUUG (#3). And what about P3D (#4) and SG (#5)? Are they both already hopelessly lost?

[H] (#6) are probably out of the medal race, but they should keep an eye on RKN (#7) and CNT (#8). The duo could soar to new heights as they compete against each other. While TC secure #9, SUSA (#10) crawls into the top 10. Currently, the eagle is ahead of AF's (#11) rooster by the length of a beak.

It is also a very tight between OCN (#12) and MK (#13). With a strong intermediate spurt, the cool ones shot past AMD Users (#14). They, in turn, should not feel to comfortable, as Crystal Dream are looking to do the same as the cooling experts.

The next duel is already a bit behind. However, it is questionable whether Ukraine (#16) and EVGA (#17) are even noticing. The two are just too busy with each other. Theoretically, LITOMYSL could still disturb their cozy togetherness, but there is no sign of this at the moment.

Russia (#19), TFFE (#20), BOINC.Italy (#21), 2ch (#22), TSBT (#23), and B@P (#24) seem to have no desire to compete, they all are devotedly and lazily securing their positions. Chinese Dream (#25) also have little motivation to do more, although BC are chipping away at their huge deficit.

Behind them, B^S (#27), UBT (#28), BOINCstats (#29), and PiGyS (#30) finish the round.

Obstacle Run (yoyo@home: only subprojects ECM, ECM P2)

icon-obstaclerun-small.png

#teamΔ
3LinusTechTips_Team+2
13BOINC@Poland+2
6Czech national team+1
22BOINC Confederation+1
25BOINC Synergy+1
28team 2ch+1
#teamΔ
7GPU Users Group-1
14Ukraine-1
15AMD Users-1
23The Scottish Boinc Team-1
26Russia-1
29The PiGyS-1
5SETI.Germany-2

It is time to answer questions:

• Will LTT win silver in the City Run?
  • Will SG slip up at the Javelin Throw?
  • Can P3D still be caught in the Obstacle Run?

You see it remains exciting at the BOINC Pentathlon.

Yours, Jeeper

[Based on stats at 11:00 UTC]

It's the last days and the last hours of the City Run. Make sure you get all your PrimeGrid work turned in if you're holding onto a bunker.

Any issues for anyone else where some ecm_cw units hit 60% or 80% then just sit there, elapsed time keeps going by, but remaining estimate and % never changes...

I had a ton of these, machine was sitting there basically idle (2-3% CPU usage) for ages

We have a lot of pressure on us for the City Run as we come to the last 3.5 hours. Keep your GPU's cranking out work units because it may very well come down to a slim few.
And after this Numberfield right which will do both CPU/GPU?
Yeah...we need all GPU's to be bunkering Einstein work.

Everyone, keep your GPU's going strong for the remaining 3.5 hours. We are just barely holding onto our City Run position.

I'm stuck at work for a few more hours while my GPU wraps things up for PG. I have 135 pending validation and a bunch still in progress.

I'm stuck at work for a few more hours while my GPU wraps things up for PG. I have 135 pending validation and a bunch still in progress.
I guess once they validate do they count them based on the time they were submitted finished vs when they were validated.

I guess once they validate do they count them based on the time they were submitted finished vs when they were validated.
Credit is received in PrimeGrid when the result is validated. If the work units aren't validated before the end of the competition they won't count towards the competition.

Lots of reasons they may have wanted to bunker when they did. For example their output was down and it may uave seemed safe for us to start einstein early if we were sure we would tak PG. With bunkering that leaves us guessing on if they were still doing PG or had moved on. Had they passed us sooner and had we not gotten pressure from CNT team then we might have switched early. Keeps you guessing basically

First pentathlon race (city run) completed. We lost one spot to RFN during the last few hours of the race. We finished a respectable 7th place.

Thanks to all the [H]ordes for a good fight. Unfortunately we are a bit low on GPU strength this time around. Never mind, there is always next year.

Only three races left to focus on, so keep the momentum going. Remember to switch the project from PrimeGrid to Einstein@Home for the gpu project. See post #1.
  • Obstacle - Yoyo (cpu) ends on May 18 5pm PT
  • Sprint - NumberFields (cpu) ends on May 15 5pm PT
  • Cross Country - Einstein (gpu) ends on May 18 5pm PT
Javelin - Switch SRbase project to either Yoyo or NumberFields. No need to run SRbase as we will finish 6th place at best.

Final standing for City Run - PrimeGrid AP27
1683937962284.png

Last edited:
Anyone with YoYo@home bunkers, should drop them now because there is a 25% bonus right now.

just uploaded what i had again...and another storm is rolling though again :|

i keep getting way too many 7+ days tasks had a few 10 as well.

Back