Set tv recordings from cell phone?

coder_t2

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, I want to be able to set the recordings for my HTPC from my phone. I know WebGuide can do this, but it doesn't work in Windows 7. I saw another program called RemotePotato, but it is in early alpha release, and I was hoping to find something a little more developed. Do you guys know of any free software that can do this? Thanks.

With a good program, phone type shouldn't matter becuase it would be through the web... at least thats my opinion.

Webguide and Remote Potato are the only two that I know of that provide this functionality.

With a good program, phone type shouldn't matter becuase it would be through the web... at least thats my opinion.

Yea that what's I was thinking. But I have a Env Touch. It's too bad webguide doesn't work in Win7, but hopefully Remote Potato isn't too buggy. I am just worried about having it crash or mess up my recordings.

Remote Potato is the only option at the moment. Give it some time and it should evolve nicely and will hopefully be able to see a guide to select recordings. Webguide is supposedly being developed to integrate with Live Mesh but there hasn't been work on it in a long time.

Is remote potato worth downloading right now setting recordings with a cell phone? Or is there still work that needs to be done?

Back