servers urgent

tomdrake

n00b
Hello
Currently looking for dedicated servers to start a global streaming platform. servers in +20 countires
I need E5-2690v2 or E5-2630v2 in each location with minimum 384GB RAM DDR3
i need good latency.

Any recommendation for Africa?

Thank you

Agreed, thigh even Azure could be a contender for that.

Was looking more of a dedicated server provider with HP availability. I have worked with AWS in the past and their "scalable" billing system was putting a lot of pressure on my activity

Look at what similar services uses?
ScaleEngine comes to mind...
//Danne

want to roll your own, eh? couldn't comment on africa, but i can tell you what i've strung together. i've done some work recently with video, albeit on a small scale (US/Canada). i started off with amazon thinking i'd be set, but yes, the fees definitely began to hurt the working budget i had with all the nickel and dime bullshit. time to engineer something. i still wanted the scalability of aws, without the constant headache of aws and fluctuating bills. shopped around for dedicated, and settled with 100tb.com for that sweet, sweet bandwidth allotment. they're a softlayer re-seller. so basically softlayer DCs, gear and support at cheap ass prices.

my origin cluster lives at softlayer WDC, and i have 10 edge nodes (dedicated) spread out on their network. all incoming encoder feeds get processed at origin (transcoding, multi-bitrate, packetization, securetoken) as well as short term storage for all dvr and recording functionality if applicable.

anyway, if/when capacity on any given softlayer node exceeds 65% network capacity, aws will spin up instances in the nearest geographic region to the congested node and start balancing connections out. as it's grown, i have tried to stay ahead of needing amazon.. but it's nice to have that fallback. was a super fun project as well. quite a bit of work, but it's saved a lot of money in bandwidth.

want to roll your own, eh? couldn't comment on africa, but i can tell you what i've strung together. i've done some work recently with video, albeit on a small scale (US/Canada). i started off with amazon thinking i'd be set, but yes, the fees definitely began to hurt the working budget i had with all the nickel and dime bullshit. time to engineer something. i still wanted the scalability of aws, without the constant headache of aws and fluctuating bills. shopped around for dedicated, and settled with 100tb.com for that sweet, sweet bandwidth allotment. they're a softlayer re-seller. so basically softlayer DCs, gear and support at cheap ass prices.

my origin cluster lives at softlayer WDC, and i have 10 edge nodes (dedicated) spread out on their network. all incoming encoder feeds get processed at origin (transcoding, multi-bitrate, packetization, securetoken) as well as short term storage for all dvr and recording functionality if applicable.

anyway, if/when capacity on any given softlayer node exceeds 65% network capacity, aws will spin up instances in the nearest geographic region to the congested node and start balancing connections out. as it's grown, i have tried to stay ahead of needing amazon.. but it's nice to have that fallback. was a super fun project as well. quite a bit of work, but it's saved a lot of money in bandwidth.

I know Softlayer's work. I deploy 30% of my current servers with them. The others go with Voxility in EU and US. I had the same pleasure just like you in transferring from aws to dedicated infrastructure nodes. Especially when support guys know what they're doing

Back