server to server connections

Kaos

[H]ard|Gawd
basically what id like to do

lets say i have a server(running ad) in one city and a server(running ad) in another city, to the end users I would like seamless connectivity in some way.

I was thinking that using RRAS-VPN and dial on demand routing on a second NIC would do the trick, have any of you had experience with this, possibly a better solution?

Closest I've done to that, I always prefer the hardware approach, so one architect client of mine...Sonicwall routers in each location, router to router VPN tunnel tween's the mainland office and the office on the island. Did trust between the domains at each location. (the distant location...I didn't put the server in, I would have kept it all one domain..but that's what I had to work with, so I did the trust).

yeah, we were looking at that as well. But we are a VoIP installer and alot of routers dont function with some of the services that we provide to our clients.

dlink has given us the best results, except they dont have much of a business level router that is reasonably priced.

Back