Server Essentials 2012 Remote Access HELP

Modred189

Can't Read the OP
I've reached the end of my limited networking knowledge. Here's the deal:

- I have my home server running Windows Server Essentials 2012. Its primary function is backups of my various computers.
- My ISP is ATT Uverse, which provides a modem/router/gateway. It sucks teh ballz, so I set into bridge mode and set up a Netgear Nighthawk behind it. ALL devices are connected to the Nighthawk.
- I want to set up the server for remote access so that family can grab pictures and files remotely, and so I can do the same.
- I followed the instructions and the auto setup (I had to forward ports 80 and 443 manually, but that's done), and from the server's perspective, it says it is set up:
server.png

And now the problem:
When I try to access the sever from INSIDE the network, it loads the login page no problem. BUT, when I do so from the outside, the server sends no data, nothing loads.
Am I missing a setting on the bridged gateway?

As is usually the case, as soon as I posted, I figured it out.
When I set the ATT gateaway to forward all ports to the Nighthawk, I apparently missed a separate port rule covering port 443. This is one of the two ports required for remote login access.

Problem solved!
I guess that's what happens when you are dealing with 3 firewalls (gateway/router, nighthawk, server)

Back